Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UALR @ FAU to be Aired Live from The Burrow on ESPN2

Add topic

UALR @ FAU to be Aired Live from The Burrow on ESPN2

In the Owls' first appearance on the ESPN family of networks since taking on North Carolina in 2006, FAU's home match-up against UALR on January 22 will be televised on ESPN2.

Start time has been moved from 7:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. to accommodate the airing.

Greg Gantt scored 29 point last season as the Owls downed the Trojans 77-74 at FAU Arena.
Back to the top

Re: UALR @ FAU to be Aired Live from The Burrow on ESPN2

What do you think was the biggest factor in ESPN deciding to televise the game? Because we're doing pretty well and one of the top teams in the Sun Belt and that we're a team on the rise, or that the game is in South Florida, or all the above? Hopefully we'll start to get more coverage.
Back to the top

Jarvis. Period.
Back to the top

All of the above.  Congratulations.  This is a big deal.  This will generate fan interest that you may have never experienced for a basketball game.

This should be a fantastic atmosphere.  Enjoy it.
Back to the top

I certainly hope FAU is going to promote the hell out of this. I'm sure they will, and if we've won a few games going into this, I could see a near sell-out if its promoted right and students show up.
Back to the top

WKU_Slam_Dunk said

All of the above.  Congratulations.  This is a big deal.  This will generate fan interest that you may have never experienced for a basketball game.

This should be a fantastic atmosphere.  Enjoy it.

Amen.

Back to the top

A lil surprised that UNT didnt get it, but hey it sounds like fun.

I'm pretty sure the students will show up in force. If there is room I hope they let them spill over to the other side.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

nice. good for the team, program and the school. gotta sell out the burrow.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

nice. good for the team, program and the school. gotta sell out the burrow.

I think if the February game at WKU wasn't already going to be on ESPN, they probably would have picked ours up. But I'm very excited for you guys and I hope it helps get the attention your program deserves right now. Congrats, and like the WKU guy said… Enjoy it.

EDIT: Thought I was replying to the post from OwlFamily. Not sure what I did wrong.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

A lil surprised that UNT didnt get it…

that's what I would have thought too, and loved to see.
Back to the top
Control functions: