Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UPDATED 10-11-11: Running thread - Shots of Stadium Site

Add topic

Re: UPDATED 01-01-11: Running thread - Shots of Stadium Site

Exit39 said

i know nothing about construction but i'm just glad there's a lot of cement so far and not a lot of steel.

There will be lots of steel.  Once they finish the suites/press booth area, the rest of the construction is mainly steel, which is why once they finish the concrete portion, the stadium will rise very quickly. 
Back to the top

Looks like it is coming along, thanks for the updates guys!

FAU doesn't have a connection at the airport to get an ariel shot once a month?
Back to the top

Rick said

Get er dun!

That's my avatar ;)
Back to the top

Thanks for posting the new pics, love them and watching the progress on the webcam. You can clearly see the overall stadium outline/shape and the playing field ares as well. I has taken a long tome to get going, BUT IT IS SO COOL!

I have even post the stadium drawings along side of the webcam pics to compare, sounds like a dull life (well I was an urban planner), but football is over and a long break between games for BB, gotta fill the time some!

Go Owls!
Back to the top

UPDATED 10-11-11: Running thread - Shots of Stadium Site

Wouldn't it cost some dough to fly a plane around in circles? Between gas… getting clearance to fly a plane around an airport when other planes could be trying to land… paying a pilot… paying a photographer… etc.  No?

Maybe if a news helicopter does a fly over one day doing a story on who-knows-what, we could use their photo?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Wouldn't it cost some dough to fly a plane around in circles? Between gas… getting clearance to fly a plane around an airport when other planes could be trying to land… paying a pilot… paying a photographer… etc.  No?

Maybe if a news helicopter does a fly over one day doing a story on who-knows-what, we could use their photo?

That's why if someone at FAU had a connection with someone at the airport, they could just take the shot after a takeoff or before a landing, just saying I don't think it would be much trouble, with the airport right there, someone should know somebody?
Back to the top

Got a pretty much full crew working today….GREAT to see! And the press box continues to rise, and the stadium platforms continue to be built.

I LOVE THIS STUFF! GO OWLS!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Full crews working today! Looks like working on foundations for stadium scoreboard and lights in the south end of stadium!

By the way - 5" of snow at my house in North Georgia today. Fun Day!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Full crews working today! Looks like working on foundations for stadium scoreboard and lights in the south end of stadium!

By the way - 5" of snow at my house in North Georgia today. Fun Day!

There's going to be a full crew working 6 days a week until it's finished.
Back to the top

Re: UPDATED 01-09-11: Running thread - Shots of Stadium Site

Shots from yesterday, 01-09-11…

Back to the top
Control functions: