Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Titans to Trade or Release Vince Young

The Titans plan to release or trade quarterback Vince Young, according to sources familiar with the situation.

Story

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Titans to Trade or Release Vince Young

Interesting. Good move, Jeff Fisher should stay then. Wonder what they do for next year at QB? Give Rusty a chance next year? Or bring in another veteran for a year or two…a Donovan McNabb perhaps?

-Go Owls!
Back to the top

prowler said

Interesting. Good move, Jeff Fisher should stay then. Wonder what they do for next year at QB? Give Rusty a chance next year? Or bring in another veteran for a year or two…a Donovan McNabb perhaps?

-Go Owls!

I doubt they give Rusty a chance. What has he shown that would make them say OK he's our guy! They'll definitely go after a vet. Like you said McNabb or Kyle Orton or even a Kolb

Back to the top

I'm not a Dolphins fan, in fact I don't like them at all but I bet they can have Henne for a bag of footballs

Back to the top

Moving this to the Football Forum since we have a QB on staff with the Titans ;)
Back to the top

The worst case scenario would be if the Titans draft a QB in the first few rounds.

If they do that they're going to spend a lot of time developing him and grooming him to be a starter eventually.

If they sign a vet like a McNabb with him getting hurt a lot it would improve his chances.

Of course hopefully he improves in the off season and impresses in camp (if there is one) that he's not released

Back to the top

Rusty is the only QB on contract as of now…….

Blog form the Tennessean on thier "options"…

Titans have options beside Kerry Collins at quarterback
Back to the top

Now that it looks like Fisher I'd say Rusty will most likely be on the roster again next year. Not sure if it will be as a #2 or #3. Ideally he has a good offseason developmental wise, and the Titans pick up a starting QB and Rusty moves into the #2.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Rusty needs to show he's got more than what he did in the game he started.

The worst passing D possibly ever in the NFL shut you down.

Now in Rustys defense, I think the team quit and was distracted by the whole VY/Jeff Fisher thing.

Rusty needs to work hard and really improve this off season. He's gotta give them a reason to keep him around

Back to the top

Titans to Trade or Release Vince Young

Don't forget all the crapo that happened with VY and the ill OC that week. And Mr. Johnson did shit that game too, the whole freaking team just quit on Fisher and poor Rusty had to suffer for it! But as they say, learn from it and move on!
Back to the top
Control functions: