Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Innovation Village Shopping/Dining Complex?

Add topic

Anybody know what's going on with that? Is it still supposed to open with the rest of the Stadium/IV Apts. next fall? I saw that they've got some cleared land in the fenced off area, but no construction going on yet.

Also, that area is supposed to include new parking structures for the stadium, correct?
Back to the top

Re: Innovation Village Shopping/Dining Complex?

Innovation Village Shopping/Dining Complex?

FAUstudent said

Anybody know what's going on with that? Is it still supposed to open with the rest of the Stadium/IV Apts. next fall? I saw that they've got some cleared land in the fenced off area, but no construction going on yet.

Also, that area is supposed to include new parking structures for the stadium, correct?

Nothing confirmed, just hearsay.

I seriously doubt the dining and parking garages will open next Fall. They'd have to be under construction already and they're not. The current thinking is that they'll open either in Fall 2012 or (more likely) when the second phase of the Innovation Village opens up. The more demand there is for that housing, the sooner it will open up.

In terms of the dining complex, someone on here said they attended a meeting and the idea of a Denny's was thrown around. The initial PDF showed projections for a laundromat/dry cleaners, coffee shop, video store and/or bowling, hair and nails, and probably another unnecessary Outtakes. There was also talk about a second Caf-style buffet for the people who live back there.

I think that's all anybody knows right now. SGA officials might know more.
Back to the top

Sounds like a pretty crappy choice for food! Doesn't sound real innovative to me.
Back to the top

I wonder of Chartwells has to own the restaurant that might/could/would eventually go in there, since they have the dining contract? If so, that may limit the type of restaurants allowed on campus.

Sometime when I was a student there (2002 - 2007), there was talks of having a TGI Fridays put in to replace Wackadoo's. I'm not sure if that was true. But a restaurant like TGI Fridays, Chili's etc., I think would be a nice fit.

Additionally, when I toured Texas Tech about a year ago, their stadium renovation was underway. They had a bar/restaurant being built in the press box area. If I remember correctly, and please don't quote me on it, the establishment was going to be open to only season ticket holders and students (?). (not sure about the students part).

That would be neat to have at FAU: a restaurant overlooking the stadium for students, student groups, etc. to have functions and/or a cold one after classes.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

C'mon does'nt it have to be Hooter's to be appropriate for the Owl's stadium restaurant?  ;D
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

C'mon does'nt it have to be Hooter's to be appropriate for the Owl's stadium restaurant?  ;D

hell they just need to step up already… pony out some cash and they can have the whole stadium.

"Hooters Stadium"  ← doesn't get better than that!  ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: