Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Perfect Play

Add topic

Perfect Play

Taylor scores a career high 26 points as FAU remains undefeated in the Sun Belt

In what was the second straight victory at Monte Hale Arena, Florida Atlantic (13-6, 5-0) established its best conference start in program history by knocking off Middle Tennessee tonight 71-61 in Murfreesboro.

The mark eclipses the prior record of 4-0 set back in the 1996-97 season while members of the former Trans America Athletic Conference (TACC), now the Atlantic Sun.

“It means a lot; it means that all the hard work and dedication that the players and the coaches have put in is paying off. The guys are learning how to play, especially learning how to play defense”, said Coach Mike Jarvis on the win.

Full Story
Back to the top

Re: Perfect Play

Fyi…FIU lost tonight to UNT 87-77…that puts the Owls 1.5 games up in the eastern division…

BUT:

TOPS in the conference at 5-0…UD is 4-0 and 1/2 game back.

Good times!

Back to the top

I still think UNT is the best team in the conference.  This should be a fun 6 weeks.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I still think UNT is the best team in the conference.  This should be a fun 6 weeks.

Jarvis talked about this last night:

"The teams that score the most also usually give up the most."

We'll just have to wait and see on that one…
Back to the top

walty12 said

As a North Texas fan, I agree that this is going to be a fun race for the regular season crown.

I think the home team wins our matchup, and it would have been true either way this season. We're fortunate to have you guys at home, where we've got the 9th longest win streak in D-1 basketball. It's going to be a hell of a game, though.

I hope you guys do manage to stay strong and finish with at least 12-13 conference wins. Best of luck in the other 15 conference games, and enjoy this run for as long as you guys can keep it going.
Back to the top

Thanks man, winning on the road is never easy and by the time we meet up there should be plenty of buzz. I'd assume everyone in Denton will be at the game…the snake pit will be rocking that night.
Back to the top
Control functions: