Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Just Sayin'.....

Add topic

OK, well I don't have the season ticket sales numbers in front of me, but I believe there may be a dozen or so seats open in the burrow for a "half season" package!

Question to everyone out there….

Why don't we see our ticket office act on the winning trend of this team and promote the heck out of a half season package, or even a package with just the remaining saturday games?

I plan on making all of the Saturday games and some of the week day games since we are into conference play now…and would love a package like this.

HMMMMMMMMMM
Back to the top

Re: Just Sayin'.....

Last year they wouldn't offer a half season package…I asked.

I don't know if they changed their tune this year but it's a brilliant idea. get folks locked in!
Back to the top

Good point…do what you need to do to fill the stands…

Money should take a secondary role at this point in time.

Would like to see published figures for parking revenue, and ticket sales for the last four years side by side to justify the charge changes…
Back to the top

Would love to see the marketing teams take advantage of the team's success and get the community to come over to The Burrow.  Us students are finally taking notice, past couple games the student section has been packed, wall to wall.  Across the court and above us though, it's been an ugly scene
Back to the top

Where's a grassroots marketing efforts just in the surrounding towns of Delray, Boynton, west Boca, Boca city, Deerfield, etc? How about some calls into local talk radio, signs, balloons, business windows painted up with Owl logos, a billboard or two, ticket give-aways at local youth leagues, community events, etc.?
Back to the top

BMarkey said

Where's a grassroots marketing efforts just in the surrounding towns of Delray, Boynton, west Boca, Boca city, Deerfield, etc? How about some calls into local talk radio, signs, balloons, business windows painted up with Owl logos, a billboard or two, ticket give-aways at local youth leagues, community events, etc.?

The game I was at last Saturday night vs. Arkansas State they had a ton of kids there that they must have given tickets to for free.  But I agree that the program needs to do more of this.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Just Sayin'.....

I never understood how we had such a questionable marketing department, with one of the top business schools in the state.  By no means are we the best, but still…come on.

The Panthers, Dolphins, and Heat have done something like this in the past….why not jump on board and put some butts in those seats….or wait put some shoes on the ground.  No one should be sitting during a home game in the Burrow!
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

I never understood how we had such a questionable marketing department, with one of the top business schools in the state.  By no means are we the best, but still…come on.

The Panthers, Dolphins, and Heat have done something like this in the past….why not jump on board and put some butts in those seats….or wait put some shoes on the ground.  No one should be sitting during a home game in the Burrow!
My guess is budget constraints
Back to the top

I am just amazed that so many people know exactly what FAU is doing or not doing at all times.

Now that's impressive!
Back to the top

What budget constraints? No one is coming, hand the tickets out. Go over to boca community or olympic heights give their bball coach athletics department a block of tickets.

As for we all know what fau is and isn't doing….. If they WERE advertising and doing this great job of marketing why doesn't anyone show up?

I think Ayden and Mike Burdman are doing a great job getting students to the game. Now we gotta get people on the other side.

We're going to be on a nationally televised game and there will be an entire side of the burrow empty

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: