Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jeff Van Camp in the News...

Two nice articles from PNJ.com on JVC's history, and his pursit of a NFL bid!

Think about Jeff Van Camp today as he's going through another workout in Irvine, Calif.

"You know, a lot of kids go unrecognized, and quite a few players don't hit Rivals.com or Scout.com, or the other recruiting websites," FAU offensive coordinator Darryl Jackson said. "There are a lot of diamonds out there you have to uncover, and we were able to do that with Jeff. And after getting that chance, Jeff just went to work to be the best quarterback he could be.
"At this point, he's being rewarded."

Navarre grad Van Camp closer to the NFL

As Van Camp's high school coach, Larry Olson said, "if there was radar involved, Jeff wasn't flying under the radar, he was off it. We just didn't run the type of offense that gave the big schools a chance to see what kind of potential he had."

While a few Division I-A programs did talk to Van Camp and view tape of him at Navarre High while passing through the Panhandle scouting talent, he had no major-college scholarship offers. The school that made the best pitch was NAIA Quincy (Ill.) College, which ponied up a full offer.

Journey to FAU, combine not typical for Van Camp

Back to the top

Re: Jeff Van Camp in the News...

Jeff Van Camp in the News...

With a decent Oline and decent options Van Camp is a pretty good QB I'm glad the scouts got a chance to see that.
Back to the top

Re: Jeff Van Camp in the News...

Very excited for Jeff. He definitely demonstrated his toughness last season. He has the ability to keep plays alive with his athleticism, and I think his JR. season campaign is more indicative of his accuracy.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: