Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

TE Ishmar Commits

Add topic

Re: TE Ishmar Commits

Francois said

I'll take hands over speed…one upon a time we had a TE Crissinger-Hill who didn't have much speed, but had a knack for getting open & had great hands.

Interesting you would bring Anthony up to make that point because I'm sure he didn't have as many catches, yards, Td's in his best season as Housler had this year and if I'm not mistaken he was there prior to us moving to D1…but to each his own.
Back to the top

owlmart said

Francois said

I'll take hands over speed…one upon a time we had a TE Crissinger-Hill who didn't have much speed, but had a knack for getting open & had great hands.

Interesting you would bring Anthony up to make that point because I'm sure he didn't have as many catches, yards, Td's in his best season as Housler had this year and if I'm not mistaken he was there prior to us moving to D1…but to each his own.

That's not true.  ACH had a season in which he had 74 catches, 9 TDs, and over 1100 yards.  Housler had slightly more then that for his career.  ACH had one of the Owls best seasons ever the year we went to the I-AA playoffs.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

owlmart said

Francois said

That's not true.  ACH had a season in which he had 74 catches, 9 TDs, and over 1100 yards.  Housler had slightly more then that for his career.  ACH had one of the Owls best seasons ever the year we went to the I-AA playoffs.
Even if true playing against Gardner Webb, Colgate, Texas State, is much different than playing MSU, UT, and USF.
Back to the top

How about if he runs a 4.9 now we develop him when he gets to FAU and he ends up running a 4.6 by the time he plays?  Just a crazy thought.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

How about if he runs a 4.9 now we develop him when he gets to FAU and he ends up running a 4.6 by the time he plays?  Just a crazy thought.
I dont understand why it is a big deal all I said was I hope he runs faster than a 4.9 it was a tongue n cheek comment…I'm sure he runs faster than a 4.9…I never said he is not good or he will never play or this is a waste of a scholarship…No need for everyone to get defensive…but to respond to what you said its highly unlikely someone would go from a 4.9 to a 4.6…If we had that magical power we would have guys running 4.1's and 2's…
Back to the top

If our stregth and conditioning program doesn't improve these athletes in the 4-5 years they are at FAU we have a serious problem.  I am just tired of all the talk about 17 and 18 years olds and our recruiting.  People act like these kids peak at 17 and thats as good as they will ever be.

I can tell you that I graduated high school at 150 lbs and graduated college at 180 lbs and was entirely stronger and faster and I drank a ton of beer!  If coach Payne cant take .2 or .3 off a kids 40 time in 4 or 5 years we need a new strength coach.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

TE Ishmar Commits

walty12 said

If our stregth and conditioning program doesn't improve these athletes in the 4-5 years they are at FAU we have a serious problem.  I am just tired of all the talk about 17 and 18 years olds and our recruiting.  People act like these kids peak at 17 and thats as good as they will ever be.

I can tell you that I graduated high school at 150 lbs and graduated college at 180 lbs and was entirely stronger and faster and I drank a ton of beer!  If coach Payne cant take .2 or .3 off a kids 40 time in 4 or 5 years we need a new strength coach.

LOL…Best of luck with that…
Back to the top

Size yes, I can see a strength coach being able to put on weight thru weight program and nutition plan.

Not so sure about speed, but I am certainly no expert.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Just gotta coach them like a track coach in the off-season conditioning. Look at what Leser Jean did this year working with the track team in the offseason on his own!
Back to the top

As a TE its far more important to be a tough & physical players then having blazing speed (that is what a WR should have).  Both Hill & Harmon could catch just about anything throw at them and there are quite a few players from the 1-AA rank having successful NFL careers…something those kids will out work some of the more talented kids.

Back to the top
Control functions: