Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Lester Jean Impressive in East-West Practice

Jean making an impression
Florida Atlantic WR Lester Jean is having a good day. He is a big (6-2, 200 pounds), good-looking athlete with deceptive speed. He finished the season strong, playing well against Texas DB Aaron Williams, and that is carrying over here today.

If you want to read more notes from the practice you can find the full article here

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Lester Jean Impressive in East-West Practice

On a related note:

I was listing to AM radio, 640 Sports, on the way home yesterday. They had a really nice interview with Lester. Nice plug for Lester…and FAU. Sounds like he's making a really big impression on the scouts at the practices. The radio host, Orlando Allegra, actually told Lester that he could possible go as high as the third round…as told to him by some (scouts) at the practices. Also mentions that Lester's measured in at 6-3 211 lbs., also impressive.

Bellow is the Pod cast link, worth listening:

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://wftlsports.com/bigopodcast/media/2011-01-18_11811bigoshowhr3.mp3

-Go Owls!
Back to the top

Jean is a legitamate NFL player.  He looked different than all of the other guys on the field when we were playing SunBelt teams.  Another one of those crappy 2 star players we recruit.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Lester Jean Impressive in East-West Practice

From Todd McShay on ESPN.com:

Todd McShay's top performers
East: FAU's Lester Jean
Jean stood out and surprised me the most. He is a big (6-2, 200 pounds), good-looking athlete. Jean is still developing into his body and needs to be more polished as a route-runner, but he has long arms, big strong hands and deceptive speed. He's a good athlete, and of all the wide receivers, he had the best morning.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/notebook?page=shrinebuzz0118
Back to the top

Yes, another diamond in the rough discovery. Unfortunately, you CANNOT make a program consistantly successful DEPENDING on this type of find. All you have to do is look at the drop off from Lester to the rest of the wr's!

As of now we have ONE (1) three star recruit. Marshall,  a very middle to bottom of the pack CUSA team, whom our very first verbal commit switched to, has TEN (10)!

I pray we have some positive switches to us and save the remaining slots for more higher level recruits. With the new stadium and the financial expenses of paying for it, our days of only signing one or two 3-star recruits had better be over! especially when you are gonna sign 25 or so new recruits. A class of five 3-stars should be considered a poor class.

If we cannot compete in recruiting with Marshall, something is seriously wrong!
Back to the top

Another interview from blogtalkradio.com:

Player Spotlight: WR Lester Jean, Florida Atlantic
Back to the top

Todd McShay calling Lester a sleeper here…

Video: East-West Shrine Game Prospects

Anyone know if this bit aired on sportscenter?
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Yes, another diamond in the rough discovery. Unfortunately, you CANNOT make a program consistantly successful DEPENDING on this type of find.

How do you make a program consistently successful? Miami, Florida, Texas, Michigan…none of those programs have enjoyed CONSISTENT success over the last decade. Florida had a good run, then big dropoff this year…Texas the same. Miami and Michigan are in the toilet and those 4 schools are 4 of the most dominant in the country in recruitment.

There is one constant in college football…nothing lasts forever

There are plenty of people that make a handsome living finding diamonds in the rough and FAU has chosen that path instead of going head to head battling with the big boys in recruitment. It's our "style"….have you ever looked at it that way? Maybe we're not getting beat head to head because we're not actually in that fight, and we CHOOSE to not be in the fight.
Back to the top

Yes it did FAU Delt I was watching it with a smile
Back to the top

Etsuowl said

Yes it did FAU Delt I was watching it with a smile

Wish they could have at least had a highlight instead of that photo from the New Orleans Bowl haha.

I have a buddy who was at today's Shrine Bowl Practice and he said Jean was a hot name when he talked to some of the scouts.

Looks like he is climbing the draft boards!

Back to the top
Control functions: