Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Brett Comer Back's Out of Commitment; Granted Release

Add topic

Well this is assuredly a BIG surprise…Brett Comer, the Owls first ever sophomore to commit, has backed out of his LOI, and has been released by Florida Atlantic.

Apparently, he feels there are too many guards on the roster??

Richardson (Jr)
Tucker (Jr)
Taylor (So)
Gantt (So)
O'Sullivan (So)
Bertone (Fr)
Mavin (Fr)

Based on the above, Brett had a chance to be a solid player here after taking some time to learn the system and develop further with the departure of both Tucker and Richardson after next year.

Not the best move IMO, you have to know that playing for a quality team means sitting for a bit usually.

But wish him the best at wherever he ends up landing.

Back to the top

Re: Brett Comer Back's Out of Commitment; Granted Release

it's the risk we take with grabbing a kid as a Jr in High School…just too much time for the vultures to get in his head.

he's right though, not much room for a guard on the roster. Mavin is coming along pretty good too, he'll get his reps.
Back to the top

Oh well.  I'm sure Jarvis will put his scholarship to good use.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

it's the risk we take with grabbing a kid as a Jr in High School…just too much time for the vultures to get in his head.

he's right though, not much room for a guard on the roster. Mavin is coming along pretty good too, he'll get his reps.

DOH!

Forgot Mavin…….

::)

Updated the posting…

Still, Jarvis likes the three guard line-up; for good reasons at our level of play…and you need six to be able to do that well obviously.
Back to the top

i was just about to Post this too. In all honestly, the guy was going to ride the bench for two years before playing 30+ minutes. I hope Jarvis can find a JC Big Man. There's going to be a gaping hole. I don't see anyone besides Kore doing much in the future.

PG Brett Comer released from FAU scholarshipWinter Park point guard Brett Comer has been granted a release from his letter of intent to Florida Atlantic, the Orlando Sentinel is reporting.

Comer is looking for "a better fit", his AAU coach, T.J. Joseph told the paper.

"I think Brett would love if a UCF or a USF would offer," Joseph said. "It's late in the game now so it's hard to know what will happen. But I think Rollins would definitely take him and he could do really well there."

Comer is a teammate of No. 1 player Austin Rivers. He is currently ranked No. 42 at his position on ESPN.com.
Back to the top

Sorry to lose him but in all honesty, this gives room to sign a big man which we will need much more since we lose Royster after this year. The last game shows how much balance between the guards and the big men is important - the ESPN announcers were just gushing over our potential!
Back to the top

Didn't he give fau "his word" that he wasn't going to change his mind. He's not that type of person?

He hopes USF and UCF offer him. I hope I can win the lotto neither one are going to happen so gotta move on.

Have fun getting exposure at Rollins!

Agree with everyone else. Let's use his scholarship to get a big man. Jarvis knows what he's doing. He'll find someone to replace him no problem

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Brett Comer Back's Out of Commitment; Granted Release

Jab979 said

He'll find someone to replace him no problem

Yeah seriously. No sweat off our back.
Back to the top

Rick, let's get some inside info on this.

50 dollar open bet to anyone, Ted H. gloats about how he always says "recruits aren't on the team till their on campus" lines…..
Back to the top

I wonder if there's any chance he'll change his mind?

What if we go to the tourney and maybe win our 1st game or something. Even if we don't but we still go.

Wonder if he'll think it over and say waiting a year or two to play at Florida Atlantic is better than being at Rollins and UCF and USF didn't offer.

If he does by some chance change his mind I wouldn't take him back now

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: