Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Schenellenberger Still On The Trail

ORLANDO –
    Remember those days when Howard Schnellenberger was carving up the “State of Miami.”
Schnellenberger was a young coach in those days, devising a recruiting plan that led to the Miami Hurricanes dominating south Florida, targeting players in the talent-rich counties of Palm Beach, Broward and Dade and laying the groundwork for winning multiple national championships at the U and bringing national attention to the region..

Now in his 70s, Schnellenberger is poised for one more recruiting run, this time at Florida Atlantic University (FAU) in Boca Raton. This past weekend, the first big recruiting bash for the Class of 2011, gave the legendary coach – who succeeds Bobby Bowden as Florida’s elder statesman – a chance to bring in recruits and show them the old coach’s new toy, the construction site for the school’s 30,000-seat, 70 million dollar stadium.

FAU was trudging along with five commitments going into the weekend. Energized by the site and sounds of the new stadium, FAU came out of the weekend with 20 total commitments, 11 from the “State of Miami” that ol’ Howard created.
Talk about irony.

Full Article

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Schenellenberger Still On The Trail

Looking good!  I hope they all pan-out!
Back to the top

Real nice article. Go Owl's!
Back to the top

Schenellenberger Still On The Trail

I like it.

Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. - Voltaire
Back to the top

Its nice to finally hear some good news on the recruiting front.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: