Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Mike Jarvis being mentioned for Big East job....

Add topic

Read the 2nd snippett….South Florida possibly?

http://underthehoop.blogspot.com/2011/01/mississippi-state-rumors.html
Back to the top

Re: Mike Jarvis being mentioned for Big East job....

It was bound to happen losing him would be a huge blow but hopefully he realizes he has a better shot at making the tourney with FAU
Back to the top

He came to South Florida to retire. I know he's very active with his church and I know his mother is here as well.

I don't think he's going anywhere, the better the Owls do, the more his name will be mentioned for various jobs

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Rumors are just that - rumors.

The fact of the matter is that the "ball is in FAU's court"…they need to do what is right after this season, and things should take care of themselves…Jarvis wants to be here, but no one would work for less than they should be getting paid if other opportunities come along would they?
Back to the top

Mike Jarvis being mentioned for Big East job....

He's also going to be 66 in April. I dpnt think he's going anywhere. It'll either be FAU or retirement

Back to the top

Since when is there a Big East team in our area?  In case this website hadn't noticed, Tampa isn't anywhere close to Boca Raton.

I don't think Jarvis will go anyplace else so long as we take care of him properly.  He seems to really like Boca and hopefully he'll be here until he's ready to retire. 
Back to the top

Jarvis is in his third year on contract…

He has one left - next year.

There is no way, even at 66, that he will not be considered by someone who has a bigger wallet than FAU does.

FAU needs to pony up now; and secure a new deal…look at what is going on. 16-6, 8-0??

Better do something to keep the man here, mark my word.

20 wins at this point in time is just about 100% going to happen.

A 4-4 finish?

Anything less would be a let down…….

Of course next year, when you have some top SBC teams losing major roster (see UNT) makes it all the more important to keep the flow going.
Back to the top

I can't speak on behalf of FAU wish I could but I think they're well aware of what's going on.

Like him or hate him I'm sure Angelos hears the rumors and I'm sure they're looking into it.

For all we know they could be talking behind the scenes or maybe Jarvis doesn't want to talk until the season is over to avoid any distractions.

I know it's hard to do but I have faith in FAU that they'll do the right thing.

They've seen the before and this is the after. Students are finally starting to show up, he's got a coach who is making believers out of everyone. I don't think Angelos wants to go through the whole coach search again. IMO Angelos' job will depend on the Jarvis situation

Back to the top

They need to find the number that makes Jarvis happy, period. We have some positives on our side in that he lives here, his family is here and all that, however, looking at the Doherty situation, SMU came in and nearly tripled his salary, it's hard to turn down. We're not talking about an extra 10 grand, it's an extra few hundred grand!

FAU better do it right on this one.
Back to the top

Unfortunately, the right thing is to balance the athletic's budget.  I hope we pay Jarvis tons with a new contract, but the reality is that unless a donor steps forward or we begin to see paying fans show up, I am not sure where big dollars would come from.

1,100+ fans to see this awesome team play (and most of those are paying through school fees), will NOT advance this program.  Until Corporate Boca and alumni get involved and adopt this team, we will continue with the same story line–not enough money to build this thing at a pace that satisfies the current fan base.

We now have the team, and the coach we have been waiting for…now we need some fans in greater numbers to move forward.
Back to the top
Control functions: