Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Isiah on his way out?

From the Bergen County Record:

Isiah, who sat with Pistons GM Joe Dumars at a game last week, is going to end up in Detroit in some capacity.

Beleaguered coach John Kuester is only hanging on by his kiester because the team’s about to be sold and current ownership doesn’t want to financially rock the boat of a diminished franchise.

Isiah (who had a falling out with current ownership that will disappear post-sale, presumably) could also work with Dumars in the front office, if he doesn’t (and we don’t put this beyond him) replace an exec who’s clearly lost his fastball.
Back to the top

Re: Isiah on his way out?

Man this guy wants out of FIU pretty bad....lol
Back to the top

can you blame him?  Its been down hill since galindo left lol

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Maybe his Spanish isn't that good?!?  ;)
Back to the top

Once it becomes official that he's leaving maybe we can convince some of their top recruits to come play for a winner.
I'm sure FIU will try and make a big splash hire or maybe go the other route with an assistant from a top program looking go get his 1st coaching job.

It is so important to keep Jarvis here! I hope the administration knows that and can work out some kind of extension with him

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Isiah on his way out?

I like our recruits much better than IT's.  I hope he stays because I do not want them to go after someone that can actually coach.  The longer IT stays at FIU, the better for us.  Great player.  Horrible manager of the game. 
Back to the top

fauowl said

I like our recruits much better than IT's.  I hope he stays because I do not want them to go after someone that can actually coach.  The longer IT stays at FIU, the better for us.  Great player.  Horrible manager of the game.

They have a few guys who are like top 50 according to ESPN. I like our guys better but adding a guy who's top 50 certainly won't hurt

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

A few interesting tidbits in this recent Palm Beach Post Commentary, including:

"I like the challenge. I like teaching. I like the kids. As long as I'm in a gym doing what I love to do, I'm good."

So, he's in for the duration of his five-year deal?

"I don't think that's fair to ask anyone,"
Thomas said. "I like where I am right now. I like living in Florida. But if I say I'm going to be here and then I don't stay, it's 'He's a bum.' "
Back to the top

owlcountry said

A few interesting tidbits in this recent Palm Beach Post Commentary, including:

"I like the challenge. I like teaching. I like the kids. As long as I'm in a gym doing what I love to do, I'm good."

So, he's in for the duration of his five-year deal?

"I don't think that's fair to ask anyone,"
Thomas said. "I like where I am right now. I like living in Florida. But if I say I'm going to be here and then I don't stay, it's 'He's a bum.' "

Kind of defeats the purpose of a 'contract' but FIU knew what they were getting into.
Back to the top

I cannot imagine that this would be a surprise to many.
Back to the top
Control functions: