Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fitted hats?

Add topic

Anyone know where I can find a fitted (by inches) hat that ISN'T flat brimmed these days? I think flat brimmed hats are an abomination and I think they look stupid. Unfortnately, that is the style and they are the only ones that are sized by inches. My big head doesn't fit into the L/XL "one size fits all" type. Anyone know where I can get this type of hat? Does it even exist anymore?

Thanks
Back to the top

Re: Fitted hats?

They dont have them at Lids?
Back to the top

Lids Boca wasn't in the mall last time I was there…if they are, they moved…….
Back to the top

Fitted hats?

Lids (or any other hat place I know) doesn't sell them. They are only sized by S/M L/XL etc.
Back to the top

Rick said

Lids Boca wasn't in the mall last time I was there…if they are, they moved…….

Nah they're there, just under renovations. They are putting an embroidery machine in there when they open in a month or so and they're making more space for apparel.

I used to work at Lids and OwlCountry40 still does as does my roommate. I don't think you're going to find the type of hat you're looking for, my suggestion is to buy the flat bill hats and just curve them, that's what I do. Just because they're flat doesn't mean you have to wear them that way.

You got Lids.com, Lids in Coral Square, Boyton Beach, Sawgrass, Wellington. Those are probably the 4 closest to Boca.

I'm like a walking Lids advertisement and I don't even work for them anymore lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I'm like a walking Lids advertisement and I don't even work for them anymore lol

:'(
Back to the top

Dont all fitted hats start with a flat brim?  I grew up wrapping the brim around a baseball and using rubber bands to hold it that way until you had the perfect curve.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Yeah all fitted hats start with a flat brim. Any hat you see that's not flat was already curved.

Back to the top

walty12 said

Dont all fitted hats start with a flat brim?  I grew up wrapping the brim around a baseball and using rubber bands to hold it that way until you had the perfect curve.

I wish it were that easy. First the cut of the hat is different, the…hat part of the hat is much bigger than a normal hat and the brim is also much bigger. I've tried getting a flat brimmed hat and bending the brim but it just doesn't look right to me. I know, I sound super anal about this,lol. But I just want my old hats back, its not fair my hair is too big for the other hats!
Back to the top

All the fitted hats are hand made so if you're 7 1/2 try on as many different 7 1/2 as they have because each one is gonna fit different

Back to the top
Control functions: