Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

A Fans Review of the Burrow

Add topic

What's the first thing you think of when you hear about Boca Raton? Thoughts of 1980's Florida living conjure themselves in my head: pastels, throngs of AARP retirees, and their associated rolling behemoths made by Buick, Cadillac, and Oldsmobile. I especially could only think of "Boca" as the place Jerry Seinfeld's parents retired to – and where they caused trouble to the homeowners' association of their community – in his eponymous sitcom from the '90s.

So, when I was researching for Division I basketball-playing schools, the absolute last place in Florida I expected to find one was in this geriatric playground. Florida Atlantic University is situated on 850 meticulously cared-for acres near the heart of Boca, and at the heart of this gem of a campus is the Athletic Complex, home of the football program's Lockhart Stadium, the FAU Baseball Stadium, the athletics program's track, and – of course – the FAU Arena. Built in 1984 and remodeled in 2007, it's the home of both the men's and women's basketball teams, as well as the volleyball team. Will the arena be as beautiful and functional as the rest of the campus?

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Full Article

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: A Fans Review of the Burrow

Overall, a pretty good review. Not sure who this guy is though. We do appreciate that you love our school, but please just check up on a few facts before going to your next destination……

for example…

# 1 Lockhart Stadium is not the name of our on campus stadium lol. Just look around, does it even look like our stadium is built yet? haha

# 2 We were never in the A10 conference, although that is a major step up from when we were in the ASun

Back to the top

Who'd we pay to give us that review? lol

Its a pretty good review to get people to want to come here but overall it was a rather uneducated story. He didn't know the name of our stadium, didn't know how many people our arena fit, or why the students yell "weasel," as well as some other stuff he missed.

Either way, nice to see someone write about us. He should've been there for the FIU game,lol
Back to the top

A Fans Review of the Burrow

FAUfasho said

Who'd we pay to give us that review? lol

Its a pretty good review to get people to want to come here but overall it was a rather uneducated story. He didn't know the name of our stadium, didn't know how many people our arena fit, or why the students yell "weasel," as well as some other stuff he missed.

Either way, nice to see someone write about us. He should've been there for the FIU game,lol

Hey if he wants to call our fans educated for calling Raymone a weasel I'm OK with it haha… I'm willing to bet 99% of those fans had no idea he went to St. Thomas and I know 100% of them couldn't care less.

Overall it was a good article but yeah all he had to do was google Florida Atlantic University and I'm sure it would bring up the Wikipedia page or at least FAU.edu and from there it'll take you to FAUSports.com

Back to the top

Nice review though, good photos too!
Back to the top

I'm not positive but I don't think that kid went to St. Thomas Aquinas here in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm pretty sure there is another St. Thomas high school in Louisiana.
Back to the top

I'm pretty sure you're right. I remember looking at the roster and seeing St. Thomas, LA

Back to the top
Control functions: