Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU Fans

Add topic

I was not impressed by the FIU fans at the game last night….as usual, they sat there the whole night, like a bunch of drones.  Hopefully they took notes from our students - Loud, animated and well, loud!  We had a great showing last night at FIU, our students and alumni stood up all night, and went crazy after every basket and we turned the entire section M red! .  it was like we took over their arena.  Shout out to the students who helped the team win!  Go Owls!

See you all thursday -  Were meeting our new mascot at the game!

PS #10 does look like a bobble head! haha!

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Re: FIU Fans

FIU Fans

Nice job Mike, atmosphere must have felt like an away game for them at times ;D

Wish I could have been there…….

:'(
Back to the top

Dirty said

I was not impressed by the FIU fans at the game last night….as usual, they sat there the whole night, like a bunch of drones.

Maybe they're just bored UM fans who had nothing better to do that night?  ???
Back to the top

In fairness to them, when we sucked a few years ago we didn't show up either.

Yeah we still got a lot of people for the rivalry game but this late in the season, their head coach is likely gone and the team is going to have to start from scratch next year.

We have the best team in school history, 1 game away from our 1st ever conference title and I'm willing to bet we're lucky to get 1200 people to the game Thursday

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

In fairness to them, when we sucked a few years ago we didn't show up either.

Yeah we still got a lot of people for the rivalry game but this late in the season, their head coach is likely gone and the team is going to have to start from scratch next year.

We have the best team in school history, 1 game away from our 1st ever conference title and I'm willing to bet we're lucky to get 1200 people to the game Thursday

I'd have to agree with this. The FIU games provided decent crowds but most of our games in recent years haven't been that heavily attended either. I actually thought there would be more FAU fans there last night. I mean, with the way the other FIU game was, why wouldn't people make the short trip down? Fan support will grow even more with winning. If/when we establish a tradition of winning then we'll be looking at full arenas consistently, but until we are relevant in college basketball for 3-4 years in a row then we'll still have to struggle with filling half the arena
Back to the top

Looks like they'll be rebuilding again after this season…I can't imagine any of those top recruits sticking around when all is said and done. All signs point to Isiah heading back to NY

Thomas’ influence grows within Knicks - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
Back to the top

It must really suck to have a coach that clearly does not want to be a part of your university.
Back to the top

We would know! Ask Doh and Rex! Rex was intereviewing at Mercer before he took the job at SanFran.

Doh jumped ship as soon as he could.

Its not fair to the FIU fans to have to go through all this again. Its apparent he's using FIU until Donnie Walsh is out as president of the Knicks and then he'll go back there.

I don't think he's going to go to another college but he really wants to be in NY and it shows in FIU's record.

They're a talented team and there's no reason they should be in last place in the belt

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: