Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jordan McCoy and Kore White

Add topic

I feel this topic is necessary given McCoy's continued success and White's continued decline. First off, McCoy has been unbelievable at times. Its amazing to me, he's not the biggest, strongest, tallest or most athletic kid on the floor but yet he still comes up with big rebounds and big buckets, PLUS he makes his foul shots! How does he do it? He was a solid player off the bench this year and I thought he would continue to make such a large impact. He's been in double figures for the past few games, right? Its weird, even before his "success" I guess  you could say, he always seemed to be around for a big rebound or a big tip in. He's just around the ball when needed, and I still just don't understand how he gets himself into a position to always be around the ball at important times. Great job Jordan!

Now to Kore White…what gives? We've seen glimpses of greatness…but that's about it, just glimpses. Moments of the player that he could be. I've said before that he's a solid defender but how come a guy 2 inches shorter and 50 lbs lighter is scoring more points in the paint and has more rebounds? I believe in the guy, but why has he been so unproductive lately? I know after his big performance against UALR he was getting double teamed a lot, but to be THIS unproductive is strange to me. Maybe he needs to stop shooting jump shots and get into the lane more. If he could get that little jump hook to fall more often he'd be a real threat.

But what do I know? lol I trust our coaches and our players and I guess a W is a W anyway you look at it.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Re: Jordan McCoy and Kore White

McCoy has seriously quick vertical ability…by far the quickest on the team, and usually the quickest on the floor in the front court…he is simply too fast down there to keep up with at times.

That's the main deal IMO…
Back to the top

Re: Jordan McCoy and Kore White

Jordan McCoy and Kore White

I like Jordan's energy and hard work.  However, for us to make an impact in the post-season–whether it's the SunBelt Tourney, NIT, or NCAA–we have to have every single player at the top of their game.

We have to have Kore to step it up.  Now is when it will be determined whether this is going to be a really special year or just a good year. 
Back to the top
Control functions: