Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Opening game opponent?

Add topic

Just a thought about our opening game of the stadium, how about BYU, they are independent next year, do they have their schedule done yet?

That would not be a bad draw and would garner national attention too!
Back to the top

Re: Opening game opponent?

GeorgiaOwl said

Just a thought about our opening game of the stadium, how about BYU, they are independent next year, do they have their schedule done yet?

That would not be a bad draw and would garner national attention too!

The BYU 2011 schedule is already complete and released.  Good thought though.

BYU Announces Its 2011 Football Schedule

www.essency.net
Back to the top

I say let's get them signed up for a 2-2 home-away series, I know they do need lots of games to be scheduled in the future!
Back to the top

That's a good idea. Also, if the previously posted BYU 2011 schedule is correct, I think another game could be added. One of the 12 entries is a trip to Hawaii, and I think the NCAA allows a 13th game for schools that make the trip to the islands.
Back to the top

Angelos went there, so we've got a connection!
Back to the top

grayowl said

That's a good idea. Also, if the previously posted BYU 2011 schedule is correct, I think another game could be added. One of the 12 entries is a trip to Hawaii, and I think the NCAA allows a 13th game for schools that make the trip to the islands.

Update: BYU filled its last slot with TCU a few weeks ago.

I bet y'all can get a series with these guys though.

www.essency.net
Back to the top

word on the streets is it may be WKU.

At least a win opening day is nice… but out of the SBC schools I would favor MT personaly.
Back to the top

Uhhh don't count that as a win necessarilly. WKU is getting better each year and we barely beat them last season and we won't be a good team.

WKU had another solid recruiting class and it may be us on the bottom of the belt this season, not them

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Opening game opponent?

Jab979 said

Uhhh don't count that as a win necessarilly. WKU is getting better each year and we barely beat them last season and we won't be a good team.

WKU had another solid recruiting class and it may be us on the bottom of the belt this season, not them
I really hope were better than advertised or its gonna be a task filling that stadium
Back to the top

Well with our fans it'll be a task regardless. Look at the basketball for an example.

Best team we've ever put on the hardwood and we still can't get a lot of people to show up unless its on TV or we give out free T-shirts

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: