Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sun Belt releases Football Schedule for 2011

2011 Florida Atlantic Composite Football Schedule

September 3
Florida Atlantic at Florida

September 10
Florida Atlantic at Michigan State

September 24
Florida Atlantic at Auburn

October 1
* Florida Atlantic at Louisiana-Lafayette

October 8
* Florida Atlantic at North Texas

October 15
* Western Kentucky at Florida Atlantic

October 22
* Middle Tennessee at Florida Atlantic

November 5
* Arkansas State at Florida Atlantic

November 12
* Florida Atlantic at FIU

November 19
* Florida Atlantic at Troy

November 26
UAB at Florida Atlantic

December 3
* Louisiana-Monroe at Florida Atlantic

* denotes Sun Belt Conference game
Back to the top

Re: Sun Belt releases Football Schedule for 2011

here is the rest of the conference:

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22157&SPID=1808&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205101805&DB_OEM_ID=4100

lots of love for FIU getting 2 ESPN2 games.  :-[
Back to the top

wow, there's going to be a lot of ESPN bottom ten action the first two months of the season.
Back to the top

Not to be a downer, but no way are we selling out our first ever on-campus game, with Western Kentucky as our opponent.

Are there really no other options for us?
Back to the top

Captain said

Not to be a downer, but no way are we selling out our first ever on-campus game, with Western Kentucky as our opponent.

Nope, no other options. The completeion date for the stadium dicated the October home opening Im sure.

Im not expecting a sell out either to be honest. Its quite likely that we could be 1-4 at that point. There will be no buzz at all other then the new stadium.

But look at it this way, We FINALLY will have a REAL home to play football in. I'll take a crappy start to get that.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Captain said

I am going for FAU and it doesn't matter who the opponent is, but I think it is better we can pull out a win than getting blown out by a big name opponent on opening day… so I will take WKU… because on that day it is about the OWLS and the new Stadium, not who we can bring in!!!!!
Back to the top

NCowl said

That's what you get when you win the conference.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Sun Belt releases Football Schedule for 2011

dusky256fc said

NCowl said

That's what you get when you win the conference.

Yes, I remember when we won the conference and the N.O.Bowl; the year after we had 2 games on ESPN2 (troy and MSU) + the game in detroit
Back to the top

NCowl said

I am going for FAU and it doesn't matter who the opponent is, but I think it is better we can pull out a win than getting blown out by a big name opponent on opening day… so I will take WKU… because on that day it is about the OWLS and the new Stadium, not who we can bring in!!!!!

I will be there on opening day, as well; supporting the Owls. I want us to win that game, too. My point is: FAU will have a difficult time selling out this historic game, with an "unattractive" opponent.

Think about it: Owls men's basketball had their best season ever this year, and I don't believe they sold out the Burrow (5,000 seats) once this year. So if FAU can't fill 5,000 seats in a air-conditioned venue with a winning team; how do they plan on filling 30,000 seats outdoors with team that will enter their 2011 home opener (at best) with a record of 2-3?
Back to the top

Captain said

I will be there on opening day, as well; supporting the Owls. I want us to win that game, too. My point is: FAU will have a difficult time selling out this historic game, with an "unattractive" opponent.

Think about it: Owls men's basketball had their best season ever this year, and I don't believe they sold out the Burrow (5,000 seats) once this year. So if FAU can't fill 5,000 seats in a air-conditioned venue with a winning team; how do they plan on filling 30,000 seats outdoors with team that will enter their 2011 home opener (at best) with a record of 2-3?

We probably wont.

South Florida is a bandwagon town.

Not only that but the bandwagon has to be rolling for a WHILE too before people jump on it. Look at UM. They havent drawn well in either basketball, (where they bring in quality ACC opponents) or Football because they arent winning. And they are a AQ school with a TRADITION of Championships (in Football)

Michigan State or another BIG AQ program is the only thing that would of sold out the stadium IMHO. They scheduled it right last year, but the economy screwed it up.

It is what it is. Dont be upset if it doesnt sell out.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: