Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Looking forward to next season...

Add topic

Yes this season didn't go as expected but we are a young team, I am sure that they will be very hungry next season. So let's sit back and take a deep breath and look at what we have next season. Here are some important things to remember and some important facts

Yes we lose Royster but some of these games we lost this year like Portland and DePaul I think can be W's next season.

Kore White seemed to disappear after the UALR game but next season is a new season for him, he will have a year under his belt at FAU and will have to step up and be the man on this team. We have a few open scholarships with the departure of Royster, Davis, and Big D (DeMonte Simpson).

I think what Jarvis did with the pre-season trips to Europe was invaluable to this team. It got them used to being on the road and it brought them together as a team. I hope that he can plan something like that again next season.

Chemistry is something no one really talks about, the chemistry on this team next season is going to be incredible. Tucker and Richardson are the only seniors on the team. That means we have 2 more years of Taylor, Gantt, White. 3 more years of McCoy, Mavin and Betrone.

So by next season the majority of this team has been playing together for at least 2 seasons together. We have some talented young kids like McCoy, Mavin and Betrone.

On top of all that who knows what kind of recruits Jarvis & co. have lined up, we can get the next Ray Taylor or the next Carlos Monroe. Imagine C-Los on this team with Taylor and Gantt and some good coaches.

So the NIT is disappointing and it does suck but the experience is invaluable to these kids, the longer they play together, the better they're going to be

St. Johns won the NIT not too long ago, they got some decent recruits and all of a sudden now they got a coach in there who knows what he's doing and this year they will be going to the NCAA tournament.

So keep your heads up fellow Owls fans and think about what can be in the next few seasons. Sometimes you gotta get knocked down before you can get back up and rise to the top. I am more excited for the future of this basketball team then I am about football

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Looking forward to next season...

Good post, I agree with much of it but how did this season not go as expected lol? How many expected us to go to the NCAA Tourney? I had high hopes but don't know if I expected it.
Back to the top

After starting the sunbelt conference play with 8 straight wins and dismantling eventual west champion UALR on national TV, I expected an NCAA berth

Back to the top

Wait!!! It is not over yet.  We made it to the post season for only our second time in history.  This was a great year for basketball at FAU.  I know because I have been watching FAU basketball for years and years.

We have been horrible forever.

And now we have the greatest team in our history and everyone acts like we are a huge disappointment.  We still have at least one more game, maybe more…

Talk about expectations!
Back to the top

I too have been following this team for a long time. 98-99 is when they suckered me in haha.

So I've been through the ups (winning the ASun) and the downs (winning 2 games).

I agree, although the NIT is no NCAA it will still provide valuable post season experience for this team, especially the freshman

Back to the top

Jab979 said

I too have been following this team for a long time. 98-99 is when they suckered me in haha.

So I've been through the ups (winning the ASun) and the downs (winning 2 games).

I agree, although the NIT is no NCAA it will still provide valuable post season experience for this team, especially the freshman

Some lean years in there, for sure  ;D

I just think some on here do not realize (yet) how far we have come.

For those that only relate to football–60% of football teams make it to the post season and most are low level games.

Only 28% of basketball teams make it to post season and we are a part of that group.

Times like these are very rare, so I hope everyone really begins to understand what this team has done and may continue to do.  Much of our "core" talent are 2nd year players.

The NIT is no NCAA.  The Motor City Bowl, the New Orleans Bowl, etc., etc., is no BCS Bowl.  We take what we earn and what we can get for where we are in our development.
Back to the top

North Carolina went to the NIT last year and have a realistic shot at winning the NCAA this year...Were bringing this same group that won 21 games this year...Royster is a huge loss but everyone elses improvement and bringing in some new talent should more than make up for it...
Back to the top

We won't get as much coverage as if we had made the tourney but we will still be mentioned on sports center and any publicity is good publicity.

Like someone said UNC was in the NIT last year and I'm sure they got a lot of experience from playing in it.

With everyone but Royster returning, I think we will be favored to win the Belt and who knows, maybe we win 22 or 23 games, maybe we get at an large bid next year like WKU did when they lost to USA few years back.

Future is bright for sure. As long as Jarvis remains the HC, things will only continue to improve

Back to the top

Looking forward to next season...

I am looking forward to the NIT.

If you all would have been asked before the year started if you would be thrilled with a NIT bid as the end result of the season I am certain everyone would have answered, HELL YEA!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Well said Dusky!

Of course we all wanted to make the tournament, but we can't be disappointed that we're still playing

Back to the top
Control functions: