Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

We're probably gonna be a low seed for the NIT...

Add topic

Our conference is pretty weak… We're looking at a 7 or 8 seed… It would be nice to make some waves as an underdog and get a couple of wins…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: We're probably gonna be a low seed for the NIT...

as of right now, there is a projection of us as a #8 seed vs #1 USC

you can be sure the opponent will probably change, the seed… probably not!
Back to the top

We're probably gonna be a low seed for the NIT...

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

The Bracket Project - NIT

Back to the top

Ted is reporting FAU may make a bid to host an NIT game…not seeing that as a realistic endeavor as a low seed, but guess it's worth a try!

Story
Back to the top

I doubt it will happen but glad Angelos is at least trying rather than sitting back

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Well USF just beat Villanova in the Big East Tournament. Will that in any way help us RPI wise for the NIT?

Back to the top

Rick said

Ted is reporting FAU may make a bid to host an NIT game…not seeing that as a realistic endeavor as a low seed, but guess it's worth a try!

Story

Agree.  There is a better chance of a blizzard in Boca in July. 
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I doubt it will happen but glad Angelos is at least trying rather than sitting back

Exactly. Kudos to trying. I'll give the man credit.
Back to the top

NEW YORK – The field for the 74th Annual National Invitation Tournament, will be announced at 9 p.m. ET Sunday on ESPNU.

The Committee will convene in Indianapolis on Friday to continue the process of selections that has been ongoing throughout the basketball season. The 2011 field again will feature regular season conference champions not selected to the NCAA Championship by receiving automatic qualification to the NIT.

C.M. Newton, a member of the Naismith Hall of Fame has served as chair of the Committee since 2005, when the NCAA began operating the NIT. He is joined on the Committee by Rudy Davalos, Don DeVoe, Reggie Minton, Jack Powers, Les Robinson, Bob Weltlich and Carroll Williams.

First round action for the NIT tips off on March 15 and 16; second round action is slated for March 18-21 with the quarterfinals tipping on March 22-23.

The NIT comes to New York’s Madison Square Garden for the semifinal doubleheader on March 29 with the championship game on March 31.

The ESPN networks, which include ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN3.com, will provide coverage of all 31 games of the NIT.

Source: NCAA.com
Back to the top

I think they should fix their format a little. Like in any major sport if you win your conference you get a higher seed despite your record.

So we won the SunBelt I think we should get a top 4 seed for being a conference winner.

Where as teams like Villanova or Miami, despite maybe a tougher schedule and better RPI they didn't win their conference.

This will also give fans of mid major programs like an FAU, FIU even Portland more of a reason to watch rather than "oh we're gonna be an 8 seed and lose in the 1st round"

Just my $.02

Back to the top
Control functions: