Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jarvis Meeting with Angelos to Discuss Contract Today

Add topic

So a meeting with Jarvis is happening today with FAU…what are you guys thinking?

I for one hope they are increasing his salary a hell of a lot, the guy makes $175k which IMO is chump change in D1 college basketball. UNT's coach apparantly makes in the $300s. I really hope we're extending him, putting a multi million dollar buy out in his contract and paying the man, he deserves every penny!
Back to the top

Re: Jarvis Meeting with Angelos to Discuss Contract Today

TeamBeer said

So a meeting with Jarvis is happening today with FAU…what are you guys thinking?

I for one hope they are increasing his salary a hell of a lot, the guy makes $175k which IMO is chump change in D1 college basketball. UNT's coach apparantly makes in the $300s. I really hope we're extending him, putting a multi million dollar buy out in his contract and paying the man, he deserves every penny!

I agree.  We have been paying the Bball coaches $175K for years now.  I don't know where the money will come from but they really need to add to the Bball budget.  If they have to take some money from another sport (including football), they need to do it.  Time to take basketball to the next level.
Back to the top

Agreed! Gotta keep building the program and fan base (no steps backwards!) so that the Burrow is filled and we can start to seriously plan for a new bigger Burrow (the new arena next to the football stadium).

There will be 2500 new dorms open by then and a new interchange for eaier access off of I-95 as well. Go Owl's!
Back to the top

The only way I can see FAU approaching the 300s for Jarvis' salary is if the football stadium really takes off. Where else is that revenue going to come from? It's either that or the FAU Foundation (not eeally sure what they do with their money)
Back to the top

Jarvis Meeting with Angelos to Discuss Contract Today

i can't imagine much of raise with the football stadium project. i think that's going run the well dry. maybe they will do a new contract that is effective once this one ends.

I'm happy with the team but look at it from a bigger picture, they went 500 in nonconference, won the belt on the weakest year in a long time and got smoked in the first round of the NIT. If this was 3 years ago, there would've been no postseason because winning your conference and going to the nit is a relatively new rule.

it was a good season, not a great season.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

i can't imagine much of raise with the football stadium project. i think that's going run the well dry. maybe they will do a new contract that is effective once this one ends.

I'm happy with the team but look at it from a bigger picture, they went 500 in nonconference, won the belt on the weakest year in a long time and got smoked in the first round of the NIT. If this was 3 years ago, there would've been no postseason because winning your conference and going to the nit is a relatively new rule.

it was a good season, not a great season.

It was a great season for a team that was 2-28 or whatever they were 2 years ago.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

yes, for this team, it was great. as a mid major, it was a good season. that's all i'm saying.

Back to the top

Exit39 said

yes, for this team, it was great. as a mid major, it was a good season. that's all i'm saying.

One thing I do know is that the program sure feels like its heading in the right direction and picking up momentum.  I dont think it'll be long before they have a "great season".

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Exit39 said

One thing I do know is that the program sure feels like its heading in the right direction and picking up momentum.  I dont think it'll be long before they have a "great season".

What he said!

I am already looking forward to next year.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

This was an incredible season.  We got smoked in the NIT?  We have never been smoked in the NIT.  We won the Belt in a down year?  We have never won the Belt in any year.  We are on the low end of mid-major.

This was an incredible season…for who we are and where we are.
Back to the top
Control functions: