Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

VIDEO: Jarvis Discusses Miami Opening, Future With the Owls...

Add topic

Via ESPN760 Interview...

Back to the top

Re: VIDEO: Jarvis Discusses Miami Opening, Future With the Owls...

VIDEO: Jarvis Discusses Miami Opening, Future With the Owls...

This concerns me....
Back to the top

Ya, I'm a little less concerned now than I was when I first heard the news. Jarvis is not on UM's top choice. I think the guy from K-state is their first choice and it seems the interest is mutual. Apparently he's from Miami and went to FIU so I'm sure he'd love to get the heck out of Kansas to return to his hometown.
Back to the top

Let's be happy we have a coach and a team that even garners attention like this.  This type of thing means we are going in the right direction.

The alternative is to be like we have been throughout most our history and have a mediocre team with a coach no one is interested in hiring.

I am more concerned that the fan base is not supporting this team more and not helping build the revenue we need to keep a coach.  Until we have sell-outs every game and create a need for a new arena where we can have the opportunity to generate real revenue, this will happen forever.  Unfortunately, like everything we experience in a young program…it takes time.
Back to the top

We need Angelos to get the UM job, then we're safe
Back to the top

Pretty sure Howard is not an Angelos fan either. I know Cooney couldn't stand him

The only thing that concerns me is Jarvis never said he wouldn't take it. He just said hes the head coach of FAU

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

He just said hes the head coach of FAU

And that ESPN would hopefully be talking about the rise of the Owls next season…which the interviewer should have responded with:

"With you as head coach of the Owls, correct?"

But, he did not…….

So, we discuss ;D
Back to the top

Jab979 said

The only thing that concerns me is Jarvis never said he wouldn't take it.

I noticed that right away as well.

He is a coach.  He needs to keep his options open.  Even if he plans to never leave FAU, he is talking about an extension.  He knows we could never compete with UM for salary, but, hey, he can be coy and maybe get a few extra bucks for himself or his assistants.

The bottom line is: there is nothing FAU can do to keep him, if he wants to move on when he gets an offer.  The program is too young to pony up the kind of money he deserves. 
Back to the top

That interview was typical coach speak for "I'm always going to keep my options open".  If UM wants to come in and blow him away with an offer, I certainly wouldn't expect him to say no.  It's just the nature of the business.  I think Jarvis will be here next year, but if they offer him a lot more money, there is nothing we can do to stop it. 
Back to the top

Even if he does take it, of course I'd be upset, I mean look at what he's done in 3 short years. But unlike the other guys he never said I'm not leaving or I'm not using FAU as a stepping stone.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: