Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Congrats

Add topic

Just popping in to tell you all that I am jealous of that new stadium of yours. Living in Boynton, I pass by it four times a week going to and from FIU. It looks great against the skyline and will look completely awesome lit up during night games. It wouldn't surprise me if it caused more than its share of accidents during games. Congrats. I still hate you all.
Back to the top

Re: Congrats

HooterHater said

Just popping in to tell you all that I am jealous of that new stadium of yours. Living in Boynton, I pass by it four times a week going to and from FIU. It looks great against the skyline and will look completely awesome lit up during night games. It wouldn't surprise me if it caused more than its share of accidents during games. Congrats. I still hate you all.

Thanks.

You live in Boynton and commute to FIU?  Why??
Back to the top

Congrats

Thanks for the note, still hate you too!  :D
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

HooterHater said

Thanks.

The better question is:

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

fauowls44 said

HooterHater said

Thanks.

You live in Boynton and commute to FIU?  Why??

The better question is:
You live in Boynton and commute to FIU?  Why??
LOL.  I wasn't trying to be mean, I was just wondering.  I'm sure FIU is a fine place to get an education, but it seems odd that someone would commute over an hour to college four times a week when there are a number of other collgees in between Boynton and FIU.  I would also question why someone living down near FIU would commute here to Boca.  Just seems strange to me.
Back to the top

LOL. I get that question a lot. The best way I can explain it is that I grew up in Boynton/Lantana and went to Santaluces HS. EVERYONE I knew in HS that was going to college but couldn't get into UF or FSU went to FAU. It became like 13th grade. I went the CC route and then moved to Gainesville with my wife and she went to UF. I took classes on and off for years, changed my major like it was underwear, etc..I ended up with 3 Associates degrees that amounted to Jack Sh!t.
A few years back my wife and I decided to move back to SoFla and for me to go back to school and finally finish. We started looking at FAU and FIU and I just still had this underlying dislike for FAU back from HS. I've talked to people from Miami who go to FAU for the same reason. They didn't want college to basically be an extension of high school so they went a little farther away than the in-town college. Granted, I'm well past high school age so I find it funny that I still has that mindset towards FAU, but I didn't want to run into a new generation of the same people I went to high school with who are still hanging out with the same kids, acting as if they are just in 13th grade.
I got my BA from FIU in 09 and am now working on a Master's degree. Whatever it takes to keep getting into sporting events for free.
Back to the top

Alright….seems kind of silly to spend that much extra money on gas, but my question really wasn't "why are you going to FIU?" but rather why not just live closer to Miami since you are going there 4 times a week.  There are plenty of nice places to live down there…or in Broward for that matter.
Back to the top

Appreciate your kind comments about our stadium, and safe commuting to you!
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

fauowls44 said

HooterHater said

Thanks.

The better question is:

Bwhahahhah  :D
+1
Back to the top

NCowl said

FAUtuba said

fauowls44 said

HooterHater said

Thanks.

The better question is:

Bwhahahhah   :D
+1

I literally laughed out loud at my desk over this one.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: