Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium Naming Rights

Add topic

According to http://www.fau.edu/stadium/gifts.html, the naming rights to the on-campus stadium are still up for grabs. And unless someone finds a spare $20M lying around, it shall remain nameless for it inaugural season.

This brings up two points:

1. Is FAU close to finding someone to sponsor the stadium?
  2. What will the stadium be called until it does get sponsored?
Back to the top

Re: Stadium Naming Rights

1) I still think Hooters should do it, it's a perfect fit!

2) If there is no name informally I say we call it "The Owl's Nest"
Back to the top

I think Hooters would be great. I also like Wise potato chips (owl logo on bag); as I recall, Wise used to sponsor something at St. John's.

Back to the top

I like any company willing to give the money!

As a side:  I think they should call the student section: The Island.  It is off by itself surrounded by Football in Paradise.  It looks great for a student section…they will have their own Island.  That is going to be a blast for them.

Back to the top

And it is free, WOW! Have fun current FAU students, your college days will be short. Beleive me when I tell you how envious all us alumni are of you guys now!

Football - on campus - FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Owl's
Back to the top

Stadium Naming Rights

I'll solidify the vote for Hooters to come in and buy the name.  That would just be awesome, then the new "Home of the original Hooters girls" shirts FAU has could be the official stadium gameday t-shirt.  But, in the mean time I think I'll call it "Howard's House".

I like the idea of naming the student section the island.  They could hand out lei's or something as you enter it.  I'm soooo jealous. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Someone (Kim Miller?)  already talked to Hooters about it and they sais they weren't interested…
Back to the top

Maybe Tootsie Pops would be interested. The used to have the wise old owl that would tell you how many lick it took to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.

Tootsie Pop Stadium. haha!
Back to the top

Hard for me to believe a financial institution wouldn't drop $1m a year (pennies to them) to have more publicity in Boca Raton  ???

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I heard at one time that a financial institution was interested in the naming rights, but I guess that fell though

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: