Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Special teams????

Ok I have gone to a few practies this spring and the spring game and not once did i see them work on any form of speacial teams teams as a unit. If you watch every other spring game that was shown on TV the teams would at least run thorugh them( not full contact). I do not get not working on 1/3 of the game. At other schools like UF Urban Myer coached sp.teams look at what Frank Beamer has done with good sp.teams at Va. Tech that he coachs.
We Pay Howard 375K to walk around and do nothing while other head coachs work on SP. Teams and we don even work on them at all.
Back to the top

Re: Special teams????

Special teams????

Agree with this 100 %.

Come fall everyone wonder's why we can't kick a 30-yard field goal, but maybe it's the limited practice.

I know were waiting for the freshmen kicker to come in, but the problem has always been the blocking.
Back to the top

I agree with this 200%. Maybe coach thinks its not a pressing issue but with how god-awful our special teams has been for years (minus Groody) you'd think it would be something we need to work on consistently. These are the type of things that make me question Coach, but I'll wait until after this season is over to start the firehowardschnellenberger.com campaign, lol
Back to the top

I really don't have a good feeling about this season.  The fact that there is no clear cut QB means that there is going to be a lot of experimenting during the season which is never a good thing.  We shall have a long wait and see….
Back to the top

The said

I really don't have a good feeling about this season.  The fact that there is no clear cut QB means that there is going to be a lot of experimenting during the season which is never a good thing.  We shall have a long wait and see….

Totally agree, I've been through a lot a QB experimenting watching the dolphins and it is not pretty.  This will likely be another loooonnnggg season of "coulda, shoulda's " but as bad as it could be, football season is way too short, and I'll miss it again next spring like we all are right now. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: