Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Assistant Matt McCall Rejoins Gator Staff

Add topic

Thsi needs it's own thread…the guy has doen a tremendous job at FAU during his stay, and wish him nothing but the best; even though it is a loss for FAU.

Best wishes Matt, thanks for all you did as an Owl!

============================================================
=============================

Florida coach Billy Donovan on Monday hired Florida Atlantic assistant coach Matt McCall to fill the third and final vacancy on his staff.

"Matt is someone that worked for our program for seven years, he knows the University of Florida and he knows me,” Donovan said. “I felt, in losing three assistant coaches, that it was really important to have a level of familiarity on my staff.''

McCall Rejoins UF Staff

Back to the top

Re: FAU Assistant Matt McCall Rejoins Gator Staff

Here's Coach Jarvis' statement:

"It is both a happy day and a sad day for Florida Atlantic basketball. It’s a happy day because Coach McCall has gotten the opportunity to go back to his alma mater, work for one of the best coaches in the nation in Billy Donovan, and coach at one of the premier institutions in the country, the University of Florida. Very few people get the chance to do any one of those things and Matt gets to do all three.

It is a real feather in the cap of the FAU program that an assistant coach has been chosen to work at such a prestigious institution. One of the duties of the head coach is not only to develop the players on the court, but to prepare his assistants for higher profile, higher paying jobs and that is the case for Matt.

It’s also a sad day, because we are losing someone who has been an integral part of the process of trying to build a sucessful program. He played a key role in developing both the overall program and individual players. After Mike (Jarvis II), Coach McCall was my second recruit here at Florida Atlantic. It was a joy to work with him both professionally as a coach and personally as someone who shares my Christian faith. He will be greatly missed."

Back to the top

FAU Assistant Matt McCall Rejoins Gator Staff

He should hire James Altman from Lynn University. Guy is a great motivator, young and hungry. We worked with Travis ford from the Eastern Kentucky all the way up to Oklahoma State so he knows what not having a budget is like.

Also has connections up in Gainseville when he coached up at a JC there.

Jarvis should give him a call.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

He should hire James Altman from Lynn University. Guy is a great motivator, young and hungry. We worked with Travis ford from the Eastern Kentucky all the way up to Oklahoma State so he knows what not having a budget is like.

Also has connections up in Gainseville when he coached up at a JC there.

Jarvis should give him a call.

Not a bad resume…
Back to the top

Write-up on Matt today:

McCall Unites With Donovan
Back to the top

Jarvis stays inside, taps Peter Gash to replace McCall…

“We decided to hire from within based on the success of our program. I’m confident that Pete will step right in and perform admirably,” said Coach Jarvis. “His work ethic and loyalty to the program are without question and he will undoubtedly help our efforts as we continue the process of building a successful program here at FAU.”

Gash originally joined the Owls staff as the team video coordinator, before stepping up to Director of Operations for the past two years.

Gash's Bio
Back to the top
Control functions: