Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Titans Take Jake Locker

With the 8th overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Tennessee Titans select Jake Locker. Not sure how this effects Rusty. We all knew he wasn't going to start the season as the starting QB I just hope they keep him and don't cut him now that they have Locker

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Titans Take Jake Locker

I think you mean Locker not Newton.

But I think Rusty is in good shape. He's cheap right now for them…
Back to the top

I think hell have a chance to stay on the team.

They will probably bring in a vet to help Locker and Rusty out.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Here's a story on the pick…

Titans take quarterback Jake Locker at No. 8

Guess this guy's prediction was off base…

Back to the top

Rusty will stick but still not good news for him. You don't use a top ten No. 1 pick to sit behind a sixth rounder. The good news is Locker is not that great in my opinion.
Back to the top

It is not real shocking that the Titans will bring in QBs.  They had only one under contract (Rusty).  You need at least 3 and maybe 4 to compete.  I don't care if the one is Dan Marino, they are going to bring in QBs.  It's not about whether they want to keep or get rid of Rusty.  If Rusty cannot compete against the others, he will be gone.  If Rusty can compete, he stays.

There is no speculation on whether they retain him or not.  We don't even know who all the competition is yet.
Back to the top

well the panthers technically drafted 3 QBs last year, turning Edwards into a WR but still had to go after a #1 Pick this year!

Back to the top

Titans Take Jake Locker

Whether Titans fans like it or not ---they reached on the pick.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

proudowl said

Whether Titans fans like it or not —they reached on the pick.

I don't think so. I think Locker can be good. I think Gabbert will end up being the best of all the QB's and I also don't think Cam Newton should've been #1. I don't know how many of you saw him talking to Gruden, but Gruden asked him "can you call a play that you would run at Auburn?" He just sat there and said uhh, ummm. He has no idea because he didn't call them. He looked over the coaching staff and they called all his plays.

I know Tebow was criticized about being a spread QB but Tebow could call plays out of a huddle, the knock on Tebow was he never took a snap from under center. Newton never even called a play in a huddle.

I think Locker was a good pick, could they have traded down to get him? Perhaps, but maybe they were afraid the Redskins would've taken him before they got a chance. And for a team who's only QB was a less than impressive Rusty Smith, they had to do something

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

And for a team who's only QB was a less than impressive Rusty Smith, they had to do something

Tweets from Titans insider Jim Wyatt today:

"QB Rusty Smith left before Jake Locker arrived. Smith said Locker is 'a great player' but he plans to compete."

"Smith said he got a workout in and some players are running with strength and conditioning coach Steve Watterson."

Back to the top
Control functions: