Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ticket Sales

Add topic

Interesting blog by Ted Hutton today giving an update on ticket sales:

FAU Owls Blog - Latest Owls News, Video & More - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

While the number seems low now, they still have 6 months of sales to go. It seems that they have only focused on the premium areas up until this point.  I'd guess the revenue they already have committed from suite/loges, and premium club sales(by my calculations about $900K) is more then they have made from ticket sales at Lockhart maybe ever if you combine every season there(or at least the last 2 or 3 years).    Now that the ad campaign is underway, hopefully they reach out to all of our local alumni.  That is what will fill the stadium.
Back to the top

Re: Ticket Sales

I am not suprised, the prices are too high for SunBelt.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I don't think so.  The prices not out of line with the rest of the teams in the league…at least for sideline seats.  I do think they should sell endzone seats at a cheaper price then the $135. 
Back to the top

Any word on when individual games go on sale for the non-locals?
Back to the top

Ticket Sales

fauowls44 said

walty12 said

I don't think so.  The prices not out of line with the rest of the teams in the league…at least for sideline seats.  I do think they should sell endzone seats at a cheaper price then the $135.

$135 isn't bad. It's the $385 to sit in the shade that is pricey.
Back to the top

Captain said

I thought so to at first but what you get for that $385.00 is really a good value

1.) Shade
2.) Lounge for Rain issues
3.) Lounge for Booze
4.) First consideration for other event tickets
5.) Access to permium parking (Though you do have to pay for it)

It sounded like a lot of money for my 3 tickets but when we started to look at it, and what other teams do, you are REALLY getting a lot for that $385.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Captain said

fauowls44 said

walty12 said

I guess that depends on your definition of pricey and how much you are willing to spend.  To judge FAU's pricing strategy, you have to look at what other teams charge, and when you look at the rest of the Sun Belt, home sideline seats typically run in the neighborhood of $100+ and require a donation.  If they come with club area access, then the donation is more money.  Troy, for example, offers chairback seating mid-field on the home side for $100 per seat, plus a $150 donation.  If you want to sit in the same area with "stadium club" access, it's $100 plus a $400 donation.  So FAU is right in that same ballpark price-wise. 
Back to the top

owlfamily said

I thought so to at first but what you get for that $385.00 is really a good value

1.) Shade
2.) Lounge for Rain issues
3.) Lounge for Booze
4.) First consideration for other event tickets
5.) Access to permium parking (Though you do have to pay for it)

Isn't it against NCAA rules for an on-campus stadium to sell alcohol? Thought that's why people tailgate beforehand because no booze is sold within an on-campus stadium.
Back to the top

I think its illegal to sell it on the General admission side of things.

Once you move into a Priority Club area, then it does not violate that rule since its not available to everyone.

Many stadiums do this.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I guess that depends on your definition of pricey and how much you are willing to spend.  To judge FAU's pricing strategy, you have to look at what other teams charge, and when you look at the rest of the Sun Belt, home sideline seats typically run in the neighborhood of $100+ and require a donation.  If they come with club area access, then the donation is more money. Troy, for example, offers chairback seating mid-field on the home side for $100 per seat, plus a $150 donation.  If you want to sit in the same area with "stadium club" access, it's $100 plus a $400 donation.  So FAU is right in that same ballpark price-wise.

I think basing our prices off of other SB team is a big mistake. With the exception of FIU, every other SB team is in small markets with not many distractions. South Florida has so many other sports & entertainment options, that FAU could outprice themselves due to their competition.

For example, I can go on StubHub and buy the cheapest ticket to the next 10 Florida Marlin home games, and still pay $50 less than a season ticket for FAU football. Troy fans really don't have other options like that.

Back to the top
Control functions: