Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New commercial??

This is the new add for the stadium it is kinda of a joke Ifeel like they trying to sell used cars or get 5 year olds to buy season tickets it is just plain korny.
Back to the top

Re: New commercial??

New commercial??

I tried to understand your critique of the commercial and think your expectations may be a little off base to be frank. I went out and watched a few other commercials, for season tickets, for football programs larger than ours, and theyre all pretty much the same. You've got 30 seconds to try and create excitement for every one of your potential customers that means getting everything in all at once: that commercial has a touchdown, a hit, pics of the new stadium, Howard, kids having fun…what else do we have to sell right now? You have to remember that creating a commercial geared toward college students is a waste of time, you all get in for free so they're not selling to your demographic…also, most of you don't have any money, so you're not buying substantial items once you're inside. Who spends a lot of money at a game? Dads. Dads who get their wife and 3 kids to go to a game on a saturday…it's $100 in tickets, parking, $248 in hotdogs and coke, a fuzzy owls mascot toy, ice cream, all of that stuff. So when you wonder why you don't like the commercial, it's because it's not FOR you, it's for people that they want in the stadium, spending money.

Look at USFs:

Hell, the Florida Panthers one isn't any better or worse in my opinion:

What do you want? I don't know if there's a college football program in the country that has the budget of BMW for a 30 second commercial, so we're never getting that kind of quality.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

This is the new add for the stadium it is kinda of a joke Ifeel like they trying to sell used cars or get 5 year olds to buy season tickets it is just plain korny.

???

Seemed like a pretty decent commercial, a little flash, kept your interest and got the point across. 

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I like the commercial as well.  ;)
Back to the top

It's not bad!

Need to start seeing it on the Tele though!
Back to the top

Rick said

It's not bad!

Need to start seeing it on the Tele though!

Has anyone actually seen it on cable? I keep hearing the radio version on Kiss Country
Back to the top

I just heard the commercial on 790 the Ticket while listening to the LeBatard show.  Even if you don't like the commercial, at least it exists and is being heard by hundreds of thousands of ears whenever it is played.  That can't be a bad thing.
Back to the top

the commercial from USF seems more elaborated, the graphics are much better and even tough is simple; it looks more creative.
I have nothing against FAU's commercial.
GO OWLS!
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

the commercial from USF seems more elaborated, the graphics are much better and even tough is simple; it looks more creative.
I have nothing against FAU's commercial.
GO OWLS!

Slightly off topic, but:

Alex,

You still have one of the coolest Avatar's I have seen!

;D
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I just heard the commercial on 790 the Ticket while listening to the LeBatard show.  Even if you don't like the commercial, at least it exists and is being heard by hundreds of thousands of ears whenever it is played.  That can't be a bad thing.

And that's the FIU station, so that's even better

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: