Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Scout.com is hiring for FAU coverage

Add topic

Scout.com is hiring for FAU coverage

Scout.com is planning to broaden its coverage and re-launch this site as part of our college network in the coming months.

With that, we are currently looking for a publisher for our Florida Atlantic site.

This position is perfectly suited for someone who loves covering sports, and in particular, Florida Atlantic athletics.  In addition, hundreds of people make their living or have a second income by covering their local universities or professional teams on the internet.

If you are interested, please email us at [email protected]. Tell us a bit about yourself, and why you may be the perfect fit to be the publisher of Scout's Florida Atlantic Site.

If you know of any good Florida Atlantic sites on the internet currently please feel free to let us know as well.

Scout hopes to install a new publisher and re-launch this site soon.

Thank you,
Scout.com

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Scout.com is hiring for FAU coverage

This can finally be some good news for FAU fans. I know it is a pay site, but honestly Rivals doesn't give much coverage to FAU.

I know there a number of people who post regularly who would be perfect for this job. Not trying to offend anyone else, but FAU Delt immediately comes to mind

Back to the top

Better check the compensation ratio…last I heard, it was pennies on the dollar…

Not that someone who loves to cover FAU would mind ;)
Back to the top

Rick said

Better check the compensation ratio…last I heard, it was pennies on the dollar…

Not that someone who loves to cover FAU would mind ;)

Yeah I wouldn't expect it to pay a lot, but for a college student who loves FAU and is looking to get into the sports journalism business I don't think it's a bad gig. Plus it'll be nice to know at least someone who is passionate about FAU is covering the site. Not someone who is also writing for FIU, or a site that still has a story up about Polo making the all freshman team

Back to the top

Ouch!

;D

That site had a change in top down ownership too…that's the main reason for the lack from what has been said…and, frankly don't blame the guy who used to run it…they practically gave it to someone else without even talking to him about.

Back to the top

Jab979 said

I know there a number of people who post regularly who would be perfect for this job. Not trying to offend anyone else, but FAU Delt immediately comes to mind

Agreed.
Back to the top

Scout announces a branding change to FoxSportsNEXT.com:

As a valued member we would like to notify you of an exciting transformation. In the coming weeks we will be retiring the name “Scout.com” and proudly introducing "FOXSportsNEXT.com"!

You will still have the same great features Scout.com provides, but will soon have access to your content from a cutting edge website with a more user friendly experience. Your login will remain the same, and there is no action required for members to start receiving the great new benefits FOX Sports NEXT has to offer.

Preview the FOX Sports NEXT Experience Here:

Scout.com

Thanks,
Scout.com (FOX Sports NEXT)

Back to the top

Gotta tell ya Im LOVING 24/7 for recruiting information.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Gotta tell ya Im LOVING 24/7 for recruiting information.

Doubt they will be able to keep up, but we'll see…247 cherry picked all of the good rivals.com guys away.

Which is fitting since Yahoo! took over and demotivated everyone.
Back to the top
Control functions: