Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Thanks Owl's Nest

Add topic

Thanks Owl's Nest

Just wanted to take a minute to not only thank Rick and the gang that run things around here but also all of the FAU community here. I've been on here since…2007? Back when the forum colors were red and blue,lol, and I know many of you have been here longer than that! I can honestly say that you guys helped me get my job that I have now,lol. I'm a recruiter for Undergraduate Admissions and I think what set me a part from other candidates is that amount of knowledge I have about the University and that's totally because of you guys and all the mindless trivia you guys have. I have such a grasp on the University and its history and tradition mostly because of what I've read here. So thanks guys and gals. Now I know what you're thinking "Well if we helped you get the job then we should get some of your pay"…ya, if only. lol

Thanks again Owl's Nest

Dan
Back to the top

Re: Thanks Owl's Nest

FAUfasho said

I'm a recruiter for Undergraduate Admissions

Awesome! Good luck Dan! Should be a fun time to be a recruiter and you've got 800 posts, you're no slouch lol. I'm sure if there was ever something you weren't sure about, you could post it on here and have 10 responses within a few hours

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

FAUfasho said

I'm a recruiter for Undergraduate Admissions

Awesome! Good luck Dan!

Dan,

Thanks, for the kind words, and Congrats on your new gig!

:D
Back to the top

Sounds like an awesome job, good luck with that.

I promise to try and get your jokes more often going forward btw  ;)  (referring to the "raining men" comment)

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I promise to try and get your jokes more often going forward btw  ;)  (referring to the "raining men" comment)

That was an absolute classic!
Back to the top

walty12 said

Sounds like an awesome job, good luck with that.

I still can't believe people thought I was serious! lol. But just imagine if our team actually ran out of the tunnel to that song..just picture it in your head..its pretty freaking funny,lol.
Back to the top

Dan, I too thought it was a "strange" idea or choice but I now think it would be hilarious too! That or play it when WKU "comes out" onto the field. ;D
Back to the top

Make sure you let all these incoming freshman that the best place to talk FAU is the Owls Nest. You can be like a walking bill board lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Make sure you let all these incoming freshman that the best place to talk FAU is the Owls Nest. You can be like a walking bill board lol

Oh don't worry, I totally plan on it. I wonder if there would be some sort of conflict of interest or something like that if I gave out little cards or something that mentioned Owl's Nest and stuff. I feel like there would be but I'm sure there's no reason why I can't mention it to people. By the way, I found out today that I'll be recruiting the panhandle and southwest Florida.

Also, thanks for all the congrats! ..I suppose I should thank FAUtuba in particular since he and Dmarkey were the ones who got me started here, lol.
Back to the top

Slip the card into whatever packet the recruits get from you. Also, there would not be any conflict of interest in recruiting strong for the band either would there? Football might be touchy with NCAA rules but we need a 200+ member band in the new stadium to, as they say, blow the house down!!! Band is way more important than cheerleaders in my book. A question, do you have any word on where the visiting band is gonna be placed in the stadium?

Good luck and safe travels! And GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: