Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Forget the Lockout, NFL Players to Work Out at FAU

Forget the lockout…NFL team members from the AFC will join together and work out on - Yep, FAU's Boca Raton campus…

Kind of odd the two teams participating though - bitter rivals they are, the Dolphins and the Jets!

============================================================
===============================

"Facilitated by TEST Football Academy, which has outposts in Martinsville and in Boca Raton, Fla., the players will gather at the campus of Florida Atlantic University on Monday and dive into the football drills and position-specific work they would normally be starting this time of year in OTAs at team facilities.

Players will train Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, mixing an hour in the weight room with a longer workout on the outdoor fields, in the Florida heat and humidity. They'll run one-on-one drills between receivers and defensive backs, and linemen, along with bag drills and change-of-direction and agility exercises."

Jets & Dolphins Players Join for WorkOuts

Back to the top

Re: Forget the Lockout, NFL Players to Work Out at FAU

Pretty cool!

Good pub for FAU.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Forget the Lockout, NFL Players to Work Out at FAU

It is interesting that we don't hear more about TEST Academy and having it being discussed more within our FAU "media contacts" and message boards because I believe this is going to be absolutely huge for FAU.  Having TEST Academy on our campus using our facilities is priceless and would venture a guess that Mr. Howard Schnellenberger had a lot to say about letting that happen.  Genius!

I am not talking about just this workout.  I am talking about the entire concept of the business being on our campus.

For those unfamiliar…google…TEST Football Academy…and see what the potential means for us.  We will have top professional athletes on campus all the time.  The value that will bring to potential recruits is unbelievable.

Back to the top

fauowl said

It is interesting that we don't hear more about TEST Academy and having it being discussed more within our FAU "media contacts" and message boards because I believe this is going to be absolutely huge for FAU.  Having TEST Academy on our campus using our facilities is priceless and would venture a guess that Mr. Howard Schnellenberger had a lot to say about letting that happen.  Genius!

I am not talking about just this workout.  I am talking about the entire concept of the business being on our campus.

For those unfamiliar…google…TEST Football Academy…and see what the potential means for us.  We will have top professional athletes on campus all the time.  The value that will bring to potential recruits is unbelievable.

If FAU was smart, they would schedule visits around the times these guys will be working out on campus. Take them on a tour and you "just happen" to run into Al Harris, or the "Freak" Jerome Kearse  ;). I think that would be an excellent recruiting tool. Our facilities are good enough for NFL players

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

If FAU was smart, they would schedule visits around the times these guys will be working out on campus. Take them on a tour and you "just happen" to run into Al Harris, or the "Freak" Jerome Kearse  ;). I think that would be an excellent recruiting tool. Our facilities are good enough for NFL players

I think they are smart because that is the exact scenario that would make sense for this partnership.  TEST Football Academy needed a facility in South Florida because tons of NFLers live down here.  I wouldn't be shocked if we said use our facilities for free and work out as much as you want.  Jevon Kearse, Mark Duper, Sam Madison, Chad Pennington are "coaches" of the business…oh, also this guy named Rod Payne as well. Hmmm…
Back to the top

Here's more on the matter…

AFC East rivals to work out in South Florida
Back to the top

This is great news.  Free publicity and help with recruiting.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

They even had one ex Owl out there with them, Michael Lockley, who was invited to participate in this camp with them. This type of publicity can only help FAU. Keep up the good work Rick.
Back to the top

burrowing said

They even had one ex Owl out there with them, Michael Lockley, who was invited to participate in this camp with them. This type of publicity can only help FAU.

This type of publicity will hopefully help Lock-Cool-Jock as well!

Back to the top
Control functions: