Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Stadium Seat Selection Process Underway

Add topic

Florida Atlantic University’s athletics department has begun the 2011 football season seat selection process for the new on-campus football stadium. Friday, May 6 was the deadline to have seats paid in full to be a part of the early selection process.

There is still time to be a part of the “Early Owl Special.” Fans who purchase a at least two tickets, at a minimum of $135 each, by Tuesday, May 31, also will have the opportunity to upgrade, and names on the ticket account will be engraved and displayed in the stadium on the “Early Recognition Wall.”

A priority points system has been established to recognize fans who have been long-time supporters of the University and its athletics department. Points are awarded to alumni, past season-ticket holders, as well as for those who have given monetary donations and other philanthropic gifts. Those who have demonstrated a consistent commitment to FAU athletes will be rewarded with an earlier selection time. Points carry over from one year to the next and are totaled annually.

Fans who have purchased a 2011 season football ticket and already paid in-full will be contacted by Tuesday, May 31 with their seat selection day and time, in which they will be able to choose their seat online at Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site - Florida Atlantic University or by phone.

Source: www.fausports.com
Back to the top

Re: FAU Stadium Seat Selection Process Underway

do season tix holders get their name on the wall too?

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I belive so if you order prior to May 31st.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

So how is this working out? Anyone been contacted yet? Is it through email or phone? Lots of questions, but I'm really excited!

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

My ranking is around 300 and I haven't heard anything from FAU yet.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

I believe I am in the low to mid 200s and I have heard nothing so far.

It does not look like end of May is going to happen.  it would be nice if we could get some sort of update but this is typical for dealing with FAU.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I am about 160 and have not heard anything officially.

Unofficially, I have been told they are going slow and being cautious because they have the time still and want to get it right.  Keep in mind, this is the biggest thing they have ever done and they are well aware of the track record…and our thoughts on their track record.

Kudos for getting it right.  First game is in October so whether it happens in May, June or July isn't going to change much, but agree, the communication could and should be better…it is not that difficult to get the word out with the help of the media.

But then again, to be fair, they said we would hear something by May 31, and it is not yet May 31.  We just all have in our mind (from experience) that it won't happen as planned (me included).
Back to the top

FAU Stadium Seat Selection Process Underway

I sent an email asking for an update since we are close to the May 31st date and was told the same thing as fauowl.

They are going slow and wont have the fial correct numbers untill probably Friday. Couple that with a day off on May 30th and we should hear somethign on May 31'st.

I know were all anxious, but I have to agree. Lets get it right. We have all the way till october truth be told if they need it.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I agree with the slow and steady and let's get it right.  We do have plenty of time.  What I have issue with is the way it is communicated.  They send repeated emails about inane items but the one everyone is interested in they can't bother to update everyone.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

From what I can figure out there is no way they begin before Memorial Day. Hell, it is Memorial day weekend already, meaning probably in June.

I am so glad the stadium itself is progressing so nicely! Go Owls!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: