Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SBC Meetings: 9 game conference schedule

"Representatives of Sun Belt Conference member institutions have already approved an eight game conference football schedule that will be effective for the 2012 season.  Each of the 10 teams will play four home and four away games each season and will never miss a game against its natural rival.  League representatives approved on Wednesday a nine game conference schedule beginning in the 2015 season with each team playing each other."

Full Article:
http://www.kait8.com/story/14735625/sun-belt-conference-moving-forward-after-2011-spring-meetings
Back to the top

Re: SBC Meetings: 9 game conference schedule

Hmmm….

So that means only 3 OOC games.

No more "winable" OOC's I guess, looks like 3 body bags is all we have a shot at.

Man it would be nice if the income from the stadium exceeded expectations and we could elimante 1 or 2 of those.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

They had to force the issue appearantly…

Only problem is, you don't get any better in the RPI playing SBC teams.
Back to the top

yeah but we have a chance of putting another win on the board!

hopefully our OOC games aren't all bodybag moving forward. I'd like to think we competed well against MSU and they paid us nicely…granted we're not beating Auburn or Florida but we could upset Navy no problem!
Back to the top

SBC Meetings: 9 game conference schedule

I agree 100% about hoping the stadium does well so we can drop one on the bodybag games. If we play 9 conference and 3 OOC we need to play 2 BigBoys (one home and one away) and schedule ourselves a patsy game for the win and the confidence to the players. I remember Southern Utah playing that role to perfection for us!

If we win 6 or 7 conference game, the patsy game and get an upset in the home game vs. Bigboy we could actually start to get some national respect (great for recruiting!!!) and even get to a better bowl game. But if we can't win 5 of 9 (5-4, not great) Belt games and a patsy game to be bowl eligible than we don't deserve to go bowling.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

I think this is a good move by the SunBelt.

The bodybag games are getting old.  I would like to at least play mid-level BCS programs like FIU does if we have to continue this.  Playing Maryland, NC State, etc is a lot better than playing UF and Auburn.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I think this is a good move by the SunBelt.

The bodybag games are getting old.  I would like to at least play mid-level BCS programs like FIU does if we have to continue this.  Playing Maryland, NC State, etc is a lot better than playing UF and Auburn.

I think the offers are there to play these mid-tier BCS teams like Rutgers, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Duke etc., but we flat out can't put them on the schedule. Need the money games. IMO It will be years until we can get a BCS team on our turf, which sucks.
Back to the top

I wonder if we could ever be in a position to use the stadium as a "neutral" site during one of our off weeks?  Kinda like ford field at our MSU game last year.  I bet a late november game with two of the bigger northern schools with a lot of local alumni would bring in a big crowd. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: