Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Wisconsin, N. Illinois latest to offer CB Hugs Etienne

Add topic

Wisconsin, N. Illinois latest to offer South Plantation 2012 CB
Hugs Etienne also holds offers from FAU and Bowling Green

By Patrick Lammer, Sun Sentinel
4:57 p.m. EDT, June 2, 2011

South Plantation High Class of 2012 cornerback Hugs Etienne said Monday night that Wisconsin assistant coach Charlie Partridge offered him on Saturday.

The Badgers are Etienne's first BCS offer. He also holds offers from FAU, Northern Illinois and Bowling Green.

"They like me at cornerback," Etienne said. "I've been starting on varsity since 10th grade."

Miami, FSU, LSU, Ole Miss, Rutgers, Maryland, Kansas, FIU and Central Michigan are also showing interest in Etienne.

He had three interceptions his junior season.

South Plantation will host Nova High in its opener Sept. 2.

[email protected], via Twitter at PLamRecruiting or at 954-661-9671

Seems like with the new stadium, the coaches finally got a boast of confidence to go after some talented kids…
should of been doing that all along! Hopefully we can land a couple.

Back to the top

Re: Wisconsin, N. Illinois latest to offer CB Hugs Etienne

Wisconsin, N. Illinois latest to offer CB Hugs Etienne

NCowl I totally agree. We get 3 or 4 this year and it will grow to 6 or 8 next year and so on…..it is called building, not regressing which, unfortunately we have done now for several years. It is TOTALLY sad that WKU's Florida recruits are considered better than ours.

That SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN OR BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN! But that is the past (it had better be!) and from here we GROW forward. Go Owls!
Back to the top

I think you need to have a balance in the talent you go after.  When we played in a run down high school stadium, you could not spend too much time chasing pipe dreams or you would run the risk of not spending enough time working on getting the recruits you actually had a chance of getting.

It is clear that with the stadium we are going after a higher quality, but still need to balance that and realize it is a slow process to build.  Our priority needs to be top notch SunBelt quality players while going after a few higher quality players where it makes sense and as we grow, it will make more sense each year.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Our priority needs to be top notch SunBelt quality players while going after a few higher quality players where it makes sense and as we grow, it will make more sense each year.

+1

I'm all for going after the guy who has 10+ offers to other DI programs, but we need to lock up the ones that are chief competition is after…
Back to the top

So let me get this straight…. His first name is Hugs?

So if he signs with FAU we'll have a Hugs and a Yourhighness on our defense

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: