Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Athlon Sports: FAU Owls Worst Football Team in DI A

Athlon Sports: FAU Owls Worst Football Team in DI A

Yes, it's true…AthlonSports.com has the Owls pegged dead last…

120. FAU

"After a recent decline, there is hope again for the FAU program, as Howard Schnellenberger’s dream of a stadium comes true in his 11th season. Eventually, some high-level recruits might come from a talent-rich region, as Schnellenberger expects, but the current team is too short on offensive talent to compete for a conference title. Nor is a winning record likely, with a five-game road slate to the start the season that includes trips to Gainesville, East Lansing and Auburn. Barring another surprise win against local rival FIU, or unexpected construction delays, the Oct. 15th stadium opening will likely serve as the season highlight."

Ho hum.

Link to Athlon's Full Bottom 20

Back to the top

Re: Athlon Sports: FAU Owls Worst Football Team in DI A

Prove 'em wrong players and coaches, prove 'em wrong!
Back to the top

Who the hell are these guys? I'll listen to their "opinion" concerning FAU when they actually start covering us in any spesific roll. Please. >:(
Back to the top

prowler said

Who the hell are these guys?

A "Magazine publisher covers professional and college football and basketball, plus baseball, racing, and golf."

Back to the top

If you put your biases aside its not hard to see how they came up with this conclusion...
Back to the top

owlmart said

If you put your biases aside its not hard to see how they came up with this conclusion…

Perhaps. But biases are what makes a fan. I just disagree with the last place label. The way I look at it, being the worst team means any and all teams in D1 could beat us. We weren't even in last place in the Sun Belt last year. Please leave me with my hopes, please ;D
Back to the top

prowler said

owlmart said

If you put your biases aside its not hard to see how they came up with this conclusion…

Perhaps. But biases are what makes a fan. I just disagree with the last place label. The way I look at it, being the worst team means any and all teams in D1 could beat us. We weren't even in last place in the Sun Belt last year. Please leave me with my hopes, please ;D
I hear you put on paper we are a worse team than last yrs team that won four games 3 of which were very close…The good news is games aren't played on paper
Back to the top

I think Alfred's runnning this year will be good for 3 wins alone

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Well, SOMEONE has to be last and nobody wants it to be their team.

Historically we're always good for at least three wins and I think the worst team in the nation is only good for 0-2 (UNT, WKU, FIU, etc have all been there as we know).

I'm hoping we're better than expected. I want to watch the bodybag games because I'm a dedicated fans but it's going to be hard if the team's so green they do things like fumble on the first possession and it's returned for a TD. That first home game is so important because a lot of newly-interested students and the community are going to be there to see if this team is worth supporting. They're not going to know - or care, likely - that we're in a rebuilding year.

I remember how pathetically-empty FIU's stadium was when they were still trying to get it together and I hope that doesn't happen to us.
Back to the top
Control functions: