Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owl DB Cortez Ash Charged in Copper Wire Theft

This guy was going to be something special…too bad this had to happen.

I know the rule is innocent until proven guilty, but it sounds like this is a lock down charge - no pun intended:

"A former Sebastian River High School football standout was one of two suspects in a copper wire burglary last weekend, the Indian River County Sheriff's Office said.

Deputies took Cortez Ash, 19, of Boca Raton and an accused accomplice into custody Saturday when the pair returned to the same scrap yard where they allegedly stole 400 pounds of copper wire, according to their affidavits. Staff at the scrap yard said the men were trying to sell the stolen wire to them, the affidavits state."

Full Story

Back to the top

Re: Owl DB Cortez Ash Charged in Copper Wire Theft

Bad news for him and the program. Non "BigSix" players don't get good enough gifts from our conference championships or bowl games (if we get to them) to sell their own stuff I guess. Bad mistake kid, bad mistake!
Back to the top

This sucks Ash would have been a great football player one of the real bright spots on the team coming into this year.

"Wrong, I dont want scumbags to ever represent me or my University.  If FAU sports ever had that ridiculousness going on I would stop donating and attending all events." -walty12 April 25, 2011, 04:23:26 PM

Hey Walty sell your season tickets yet.

Also heard a rumor a  couple notable players might miss grades from the spring.

It is kinda sad how fast this program is sinking but it's ok as long as Howard can ring in the new stadium.
Back to the top

Really sad to hear, he had so much potential.

The thing that bothers me,was that it was a premeditated crime and over the value of pity theft (I think?). Have to wonder what was going through his head  ???
Back to the top

FAU said

Have to wonder what was going through his head  ???

$$$ signs apparently…….
Back to the top

FAU said

Really sad to hear, he had so much potential.

The thing that bothers me,was that it was a premeditated crime and over the value of pity theft (I think?). Have to wonder what was going through his head  ???

"charged with burglary of a business, third-degree grand theft and dealing in stolen property."

-Doesn't sound like pity theft from the charges. Very sad and discusting situation.
Back to the top

The Gators are now trying to get him to transfer there.
Back to the top

Owl DB Cortez Ash Charged in Copper Wire Theft

Should of just promoted party's
Back to the top

owlmart said

Should of just promoted party's

Haha got a laugh out of that
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

This sucks Ash would have been a great football player one of the real bright spots on the team coming into this year.

"Wrong, I dont want scumbags to ever represent me or my University.  If FAU sports ever had that ridiculousness going on I would stop donating and attending all events." -walty12 April 25, 2011, 04:23:26 PM

Hey Walty sell your season tickets yet.

Also heard a rumor a  couple notable players might miss grades from the spring.

It is kinda sad how fast this program is sinking but it's ok as long as Howard can ring in the new stadium.

We are 36 arrests away from tying UF.  I will sell my tickets when this is what our program has become not a single kid.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: