Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2011 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

TV Schedule:

@ UF - ESPNU
@ MSU - ESPN or ESPN2
@ Auburn - FSN (SunSports in Florida)
@ UNT - Sun Belt Network
vs MTSU - Sun Belt Network
@ Troy - CSS
Back to the top

Re: 2011 FAU Football Schedule

Nice to see some games times get set, at least for the home games! I still favor a 2 or 4 p.m. start to MAXIMIZE our home field advantage to help ensure some WINS. While 7 p.m. is nicer for the fans it is also nicer for toe opposition who may not be used to S. FL heat and humidity (Troy, MTSU, WKU, UAB) and later when we get some better known northern schools to come play in our new home. But that means we gotta PUSH these players to get them in better shape, that 4th qtr, vs. Wyoming (how far north is that team from?) was embarassing. But that seems to be a problem of late anyhow, fading in the 4th qtr. vs. most anyone due to poor conditioning and/or poor substitution during the game.
Back to the top

We shouldn't have to depend on the weather to win games. We should be better than that.
Back to the top

True, but we are not and any factor you can use in your favor adds to your home field advantage. Cold weather helps northern teams win games over southern teams later in the season.
Back to the top

Weather has nothing to do with winning..at least in our case. Remember when Wyoming came down and ran us to death all over the field? Everyone before that game thought we would win because we would be more conditioned to the hot weather.
Back to the top

It should have a fair amount to do with winning your home games, the fact that is has not is NOT a feather in our Coaches or players caps. In fact they should be ashamed of letting Wyoming come down here and DOMINATE the 4th quarter. That is just one of three (3) loses that year that any one ends up a win and we would have gone to our third straight bowl game!

Just saying take advantage of EVERYTHING you can to win your home games short of cheating. And the fact that the visitors bench is in DIRECT SUNSHINE all afternoon will be hot and draining on both their reserves and starters trying to rest as well as their coaches trying to think, make important decisions and even see! Nothern pro teams that have gone to playing in domes have lost much of the perceived home field advantage (Lions, Seahawks and even the Vikings come to mind), especially in late season games. Here in Atlanta, I think of the Falcons having NO CHANCE in Philly (outdoors) but beating the Vikings and Seahawks indoors.

Our advantage is just the opposite, so why not maximize it and win games and get to bowls. Go Owls!!!
Back to the top

I certainly agree about the Wyoming game, and I wrote before the game that I feared such. The Cowboys train and play at 7,220 feet – the highest field in FCS football (and, of course, Div. I basketball, etc.). I think the Owls simply underestimated the Cowboys, as well as the effects training at high elevation can have. Though South Florida's humidity can be a factor, it clearly was eclipsed that day by these guys who could breathe easily all game (and probably for another half) because they were very well conditioned. I listened to most of this game via the broadcast of the Wyoming Cowboys network. The announcers were puzzled, almost politely, by FAU's collapse (conditioning-wise) in Q4. As best I recall, this also was the game after which a now-departed FAU coach got into an obscenity-laced screaming match with one or more of the winning coaches from Wyoming. If the Owls fulfill their away-half of the contract and play in Laramie in a couple of years, I hope they bring a truckload of oxygen – or run, run, run when it's time for conditioning. It's easy for non-Western teams to look past the Cowboys (and they do have up-and-down seasons – try recruiting kids to come to Laramie!). But the facilities are respectable: University of Wyoming Official Athletic Site - Facilities
Back to the top

2011 FAU Football Schedule

grayowl - nice post and you are right, nice facilities at Wyoming. And they always seem to play pretty well on the road don't they. I was not surprised to lose to them, just disappointed in how.
Back to the top

The MSU game is at 12
Back to the top

owlmart said

The MSU game is at 12

Thanks, updated!
Back to the top
Control functions: