Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ON-CAMPUS TAILGATING RULES

Add topic

Has FAU developed a on-campus tailgating policy for football games this year? If so, where can I find it? If not, when will one be made public?

I live in Orlando, so I find myself often tailgating before UCF football games. Here is their gameday page: Bright House Stadium

It has everything you need to know about gamedays: Tailgate rules (times, designated areas, prohibited items i.e. kegs), parking, stadium seating chart, ticket info, campus map, even info about UCF traditions!

We need something very similar to this page!!!
Back to the top

Re: ON-CAMPUS TAILGATING RULES

I'll go ahead and assume that FAU will have something similar.

It would certainly behove them to do so.

Also as one Sun Belt fan pointed out, I hope they arent trying to reinvent the wheel. Call other Sun Belt schools, (and places like UCF) that have OCS's and find out how they do it.

They should have a trail blazed for them that they can adapt to our facility.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Well just from what I read on this message board and from friends, a lot of people will be traveling far distances for our home opener this year.

Hopefully, FAU releases an official tailgating policy soon, so those of us who are traveling know what to bring, what to buy, where to set up.

I see a lot of pissed off fans, alumni, students and donors if opening day turns out to be a giant  cluster #$% because the university wasn't proactive about this stuff.
Back to the top

ON-CAMPUS TAILGATING RULES

There is a thread that has some of the rules in place…I can't find it off hand…but know it is here
Back to the top

Rick said

There is a thread that has some of the rules in place…I can't find it off hand…but know it is here

I thought that was for Lockhart though.

Cant remember,

Either way they probably need to redo it anyway and put it in a noticiable spot.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Rick said

But will the University release something official?

I am assuming we will sellout on opening day (30,000 people). So unless FAU wants 30,000 potential tailgaters to have free range of the campus, they should put a policy out there for us to read.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Rick said

I thought that was for Lockhart though.

Cant remember,

Either way they probably need to redo it anyway and put it in a noticiable spot.

Captain said

Rick said

But will the University release something official?

I am assuming we will sellout on opening day (30,000 people). So unless FAU wants 30,000 potential tailgaters to have free range of the campus, they should put a policy out there for us to read.

Possibly, but could have sworn it was for the Boca Raton campus…seem to recall it mentioned a rule about no tailigating earlier than four hours before kick-off…will putz around later and post if can find it
Back to the top
Control functions: