Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jarvis II In the Consideration Pool for Boston University Head Coaching Job?

Add topic

Interesting piece up yesterday by www.hoopdirt.com speculating that Deuce could be in the running for the head job at his dad's old stomping grounds - Boston University.

On a side note, the Administration better had hurry up and take care of dad, or he could be looking at the possibility of leaving too.

Anyway here's the link to the piece:

Boston University Rumors

Back to the top

Re: Jarvis II In the Consideration Pool for Boston University Head Coaching Job?

Rick said

On a side note, the Administration better had hurry up and take care of dad, or he could be looking at the possibility of leaving too.

You are so right!

To Craig Angelos and FAU:  Pony up or you will lose one of the best opportunities you have had to move this basketball program forward.

There is a huge opportunity to have another revenue sport.  There is not a sport that we have that can generate as much excitement as men's basketball.

If head coach Mike Jarvis does not get an extension, we will know that FAU does not really care whether the basketball program moves forward.

Back to the top

Re: Jarvis II In the Consideration Pool for Boston University Head Coaching Job?

fauowl said

If head coach Mike Jarvis does not get an extension, we will know that FAU does not really care whether the basketball program moves forward.

Amen brother!

Back to the top

damn, and i was hoping Jarvis II was the coach in waiting after Jarvis one finally decides to retire!
Back to the top

NCowl said

damn, and i was hoping Jarvis II was the coach in waiting after Jarvis one finally decides to retire!

I was never a fan of the coach in waiting thing, but in this case, I agree 100%.  We do not have the money to pay MJ1 what he deserves.  Give him a raise and a new contract and make MJ2 the Coach in Waiting and they can both stabilize this program for many years to come.  That would be important for recruits to see that no one is planning to leave for a long time.  Makes all the sense in the world…so that ain't going to happen.
Back to the top

Deuce passed on, in favor of…….

Boston College's Joe Jones

Can't say that I'm not glad to hear that…Even though it would have been a great upward swing for II.

But, it does keep the momentum going!

Now, just get the extended deal done for Dad!
Back to the top

Jarvis II In the Consideration Pool for Boston University Head Coaching Job?

Extend dad's deal and make son "coach in waiting" for whatever number of years ahead they can agree upon (I mean Dad and son).
Back to the top

Dont think I have ever felt so strongly about something related to FAU athletics...they NEED to sign Jarvis.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Dont think I have ever felt so strongly about something related to FAU athletics…they NEED to sign Jarvis.

+1
Back to the top
Control functions: