Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

4 P.M. game times?

Ted Hutton stated in his column that Angelos says a 4 P.M. game time has been chosen for all home games. Any confirmation of this?

Not listed yet on FAU site. Personally that was my choice to maximize our "home field advantage". But other good points were this time allows tailgating before and lingering afterwards if so inclined.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Re: 4 P.M. game times?

4 o'clock games are a disaster because they make you feel that you should go out for more beers after the game.

I wish the started every game at 7 o'clock so I just go home and to bed afterwards.  But no, at 8:30 after the 4 o'clock game…I have to go for beer no. 27 of the day.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

4 o'clock games are a disaster because they make you feel that you should go out for more beers after the game.

I wish the started every game at 7 o'clock so I just go home and to bed afterwards.  But no, at 8:30 after the 4 o'clock game…I have to go for beer no. 27 of the day.

I'm REALLY hoping that with the OCS a reality we all pick someplace to go after these games and have that celebratory Brew, because what you say is true. So often after a win, I look at the clock and realize its only 7:30 and wish I knew of a place where Owl fans went that we could take over and make our own for a brew or 2.

It was never practical at lockhart since many of us had a long drive to get back, but now in Boca it might be more feasable.

My bar hopping days are over for the most part so I dont even know of a place that would be welcomeing of that sort of rush after a game in Boca. Any ideas? Just from quick thought I could see.

Hooters
The Lodge

Any place else?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

"AD Craig Angelos said they want plenty of daylight for fans to get not just a look at the new stadium but also of campus, since many will be there for the first time."

I agree. Get people to explore the campus and see the stadium. Although that could happen at 12noon, too.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

walty12 said

I'm REALLY hoping that with the OCS a reality we all pick someplace to go after these games and have that celebratory Brew, because what you say is true. So often after a win, I look at the clock and realize its only 7:30 and wish I knew of a place where Owl fans went that we could take over and make our own for a brew or 2.

It was never practical at lockhart since many of us had a long drive to get back, but now in Boca it might be more feasable.

My bar hopping days are over for the most part so I dont even know of a place that would be welcomeing of that sort of rush after a game in Boca. Any ideas? Just from quick thought I could see.

Hooters
The Lodge

Any place else?

Wishing Well.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

4 P.M. game times?

Now the question is could we get this establishment to offer "FAU Specials" on game days?

1/2 Price drinks with ticket stub and FAU Victory
1 Free appetizer with purchase of drink, Ticket Stub and FAU victory
1 free "Victory" shot with ticket stub and FAU victory.
etc…
etc…

You guys are more out there then I am, would any of the places were talking about be open to this?

The one thing I didnt like about the "watch" parties at Duffys is that you had no idea there was an FAU "event" going on. Was Hooters any better last year? I didnt get a change to go to a watch party. It would be awsome to have a place that really embraced an happy, excited "FAU" crowd with specials designed just for them.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

walty12 said

owlfamily said

walty12 said

Hooters
The Lodge

Any place else?

Wishing Well.

I will second the Wishing Well.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Or do like many established programs do, taligate AFTER the game, oops…I Mean win,  too!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Or do like many established programs do, taligate AFTER the game, oops…I Mean win,  too!

I second this idea.  While a bar would be great, I usually end up tailgating again after any event because A) it's fun, and B) why sit in traffic when I can hang out, grill and drink some more beer until the traffic is gone.

But for a bar, I used to be a regular at the wishing well, so I would vote for that place. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

I plan on tailgating or at least just hanging out for a while after the game ends mainly just because I hate traffic, especially if we win. What better way to celebrate a win than to sit back and just chill and hang out while relishing the win we just had.
Back to the top
Control functions: