Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New 4-lane to stadium

Add topic

Speaking of Traffic flow and parking at the new stadium, check out this new diagram from the FAU facilities website showing the road construction underway from Spanish River to the stadium.

Here.
Back to the top

Re: New 4-lane to stadium

Is that green area above lot 5 parkable grass or is that still scrub?
Back to the top

That's "the preserve" so don't expect to park there for at least a decade. Maybe never - as they reported in the new University Press cover story, the FAU biologists are still trying to save it and even prevent IV Apts Phase II.
Back to the top

that's cool, I like having the preserve on campus, I just have not been there in 8 years, so I had no idea… especially since they tore up the stadium land.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

That's "the preserve" so don't expect to park there for at least a decade. Maybe never - as they reported in the new University Press cover story, the FAU biologists are still trying to save it and even prevent IV Apts Phase II.

Damn Biologist!  YOU CAN STOP PROGRESS MUAHHAHHA!!
Back to the top

I don't think they are making a new 4-lane road. We had someone come talk to all the recruiters about the stadium today and he said that they are thinking about making all the entrances exits only when the game is over, making the two lane two way streets, four lane exits. Seems like a good idea but what about people not going to the game that are just coming to campus like residents or students who have class on Saturdays?
Back to the top

They are turning the two lane into a four lane right now. What you see on the camera is the addition of the two new lanes, that is why the security fence around the stadium site had to be moved in to be right near the pond.
It will help with both ingress and egress traffic flow to the stadium from the north and will eventually be tied directly into the new I-95 exit as well. Pretty cool improvement to the campus!
Back to the top

New 4-lane to stadium

I like the idea of changing all the lanes to being "exit traffic" for at least the first 1-2 hours after a football game. How long do you think it would take, even with 15K cars? Four hours at most?

FAUfasho said

Seems like a good idea but what about people not going to the game that are just coming to campus like residents or students who have class on Saturdays?

They'll need to plan ahead, like everything else in life. These games and gametimes are announced way ahead of time. For instance, if you're a resident who's not at the game for some reason, don't plan to come back to campus right after a game. If you're a student who has class, come ahead of time and kill time in the library or something.

If the incoming traffic was that significant, I would open the 20th Street entrance as an incoming traffic only entrance. That would allow the rest of the outgoing traffic to flow towards the two Glades exits and the Spanish River exit.

They were also supposed to build an exit by Henderson onto NW 5th Street but I think that's been put on hold.
Back to the top

They do that at USC...every road leading from the stadium is one way until you get about a mile out, then it goes back to normal.
Back to the top
Control functions: