Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Watch Party in Chicago?

Maybe its a little too far away to ask, but I'll be in Chicago Labor Day weekend. Does anyone know of a watch party in Chicago area?

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: Watch Party in Chicago?

The Athletics Committee of the National Alumni Association is working with the Alumni Relations office to map out the watch parties for the year. We still have not been told which games will be televised, so it may be another few weeks before we announce any formal plans.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I dont think we're going to make the televised line up…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

That's FAU vs. UF game weekend. Game time is still TBA. Maybe because it's an SEC game, an SEC-affiliate will carry it. We shall see!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

The Athletics Committee of the National Alumni Association is working with the Alumni Relations office to map out the watch parties for the year. We still have not been told which games will be televised, so it may be another few weeks before we announce any formal plans.

Two are for sure…

MSU and MTSU
Back to the top

The UF game will be on TV.  It's the gators on opening day, no way it won't be on atleast PPV.  Other than that one, I'd guess that MSU will be, but that might be it. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Watch Party in Chicago?

Rick said

Two are for sure…

MSU and MTSU

I thought I saw this somewhere, but I can't remember where. Can you send me a link?  MSU is on ESPN2, so that one will be easy to plan. But now the hard part: which bars/restaurants will allow us to have a party, with TV and sound, and where a member of the FAUNAA can host the party for us.

Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Rick said

Two are for sure…

MSU and MTSU

I thought I saw this somewhere, but I can't remember where. Can you send me a link?  MSU is on ESPN2, so that one will be easy to plan. But now the hard part: which bars/restaurants will allow us to have a party, with TV and sound, and where a member of the FAUNAA can host the party for us.

It's on ESPN or ESPN2…they haven't made the call on which one yet…

But the time is set, and pretty much all locations get the both of them.

The MTSU game is CSS, which would have to be a satellite feed for out of state locations, I think?

Not sure though…
Back to the top

Rick said

The MTSU game is CSS, which would have to be a satellite feed for out of state locations, I think?

Very hard to find a CSS feed outside of the state, but we always try!

Back to the top

The best site I have found for the past few years for the television schedule is put out and frequently updated by a guy at LSU. Here's the link:

College Football TV Schedule
Back to the top
Control functions: