Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New FAU Merch. ?!?!

Add topic

Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but when are we going to see some high quality FAU stuff?  I thought the whole reason FAU switched to Adidas was because of the flexible contract that allowed them to sell sideline stuff on the retail market?  You can find bits and pieces from Nike & Adidas, hell I even bought a nice Nike warm up jacket online.  But when are we going to get the selection that UCF and USF have?
Back to the top

Re: New FAU Merch. ?!?!

The said

…when are we going to get the selection that UCF and USF have?

When we get a fan base to support it…….
Back to the top

New FAU Merch. ?!?!

Rick said

The said

…when are we going to get the selection that UCF and USF have?

When we get a fan base to support it…….

Absolutely correct.

Companies such as Nike, do not give companies that want to carry FAU stuff the time of day, first of all…and then when they "allow" certain products (usually not the same stuff the BCS teams can sell), the merchandiser must stock hundreds of quantities.  It is not a winning proposition.  I looked into it a year or two ago.  Sometimes they will work with the bookstores but it is difficult if you are just an online store.
Back to the top

The stadium will help build our fanbase and our "brand" to where much more will be offered I beleive starting next year!
Back to the top

The stadium will help, but trust me FAU merchandising has come a LONG way from when football started and I was a student.  I think the t-shirt and hat selection along with other various accessories has exploded the last 2-3 years compared to what it was.  We've got a long way to go till we have a market like UCF or USF, but we'll get there.  When you can find our stuff in Beall's, I'll be happy.  Hell, I had to make my own alumni shirt for football when I graduated, I took a plain grey FAU shirt, stenciled "ALUMNI" out of an empty coors light box with a leatherman and spray painted it across my shirt. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

The stadium will help, but trust me FAU merchandising has come a LONG way from when football started and I was a student.  I think the t-shirt and hat selection along with other various accessories has exploded the last 2-3 years compared to what it was.  We've got a long way to go till we have a market like UCF or USF, but we'll get there.  When you can find our stuff in Beall's, I'll be happy.  Hell, I had to make my own alumni shirt for football when I graduated, I took a plain grey FAU shirt, stenciled "ALUMNI" out of an empty coors light box with a leatherman and spray painted it across my shirt.

haha you are exactly right! As a recent graduate this past May i was enrolled from 2006 to now and believe me there have been big strides in FAU merch.  Just sad to see no FAU mini helmets at places like lids when they have Jacksonville State!
Back to the top

rdownin1 said

duder said

haha you are exactly right! As a recent graduate this past May i was enrolled from 2006 to now and believe me there have been big strides in FAU merch.  Just sad to see no FAU mini helmets at places like lids when they have Jacksonville State!
Walgreens had mini helmets at one point.
Back to the top

duder said

Walgreens had mini helmets at one point.

Yep, a few years back. I walked in there and they were reduced 50% off at $9.99, and I bought two. Wish I had purchased more now. They proudly sit in my FAU Man Cave along with all my other FAU stuff.

-Go Owls!  ~(O\/O)~
Back to the top

I know we are not supposed to advertise, but it is a question and Im just answering.  Owlsgear.com has full size helmets as well as the commemorative coin and other new stuff. 
Back to the top

Merchandising will improve if and when FAU fans ask the managers of every store carrying fan gear (including your local Walmart, mall sporting store, Target, etc.) where their support for their local I-A program is. Demand the products enough and the managers will find a way to get them.
Back to the top
Control functions: