Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

On the + Side

I love reading Ted Hutton's FAU blog, but today's post really bummed me out: Flip Flop Football | Rough offseason so far for FAU football

Other than the on-campus stadium FINALLY opening, what are some positives that Owl Nation can look forward to this upcoming season?
Back to the top

Re: On the + Side

Yea, that is a downer of an article.

We should fire HS and hire Tony Dungy!

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

basketball should be better, that is a plus…

but that comes with a negative too if FAU keeps sitting on there ass and doesn't resign Jarvis! ::)
Back to the top

- How about FAU on national TV: Football's Game Versus MSU to Air on ESPN or ESPN2 - Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site
(Maybe more to come with games against UF and Auburn)

- Big pay day for FAU, with money games against UF, MSU, and Auburn.

- RB Alfred Morris could set the all-time rushing record at FAU this season. I believe Morris is less than 730yrds away from tying Charles Pierre.

Back to the top

I understand we have alot of unknowns this year and lot of problems that we do know of but I also know that when it comes to the conference games regardless of who is having an up year and and who is down there is not a big spread between the teams.

I am not ready to write this year off until after I see how we do in the 2 first conference games then I will have idea how rough the balance of the year will be.

As shown by the FIU game last year the worst teams in this league can be the best teams in this conference and given Saturday.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Hey Walty12. Where you been hiding?
It's Mat W.
Back to the top

D. Williams will have a breakout yr at TE....

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

On the + Side

We should have an improved run game this year with Morris and 'Old Man' Stinson in the backfield running behind a more experienced O-line.

Remember all of the talk of Morris being the dominant RB in the SBC and making his name on the national stage?? This is the year that many have been waiting for. Hopefully he won't be used out of necesity because of poor play due inexperience at QB.

I see Morris going for 1200+ yards and getting back to his 2009 form.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I don't think Morris' 2009 form ever left, he just didn't have any support. To rush almost 1,000 yrds behind our inexperienced 2010 o-line was pretty impressive. Hope the support will be there this year.
Back to the top

Captain said

owlfan1 said

I don't think Morris' 2009 form ever left, he just didn't have any support. To rush almost 1,000 yrds behind our inexperienced 2010 o-line was pretty impressive. Hope the support will be there this year.

Not saying he wasn't impressive given the circumstances, but he didn't look nearly as good as in 2009 (mostly due to a lack of support). He should be back to 2009 numbers with a more experienced O-line in 2011.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: