Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sun Belt stadiums

Nice little piece posted on Yahoo sports showing pics of each of the SunBelt football stadiums. They have done the same for each conference. Here is the link;

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2150&tid=160233571&mid=160233571&sid=1144&style=2

Mostly surprised they did'nt show Lockhart, but they posted a two stadium renderings (one real and one "old one") along with several photos of the construction. Go Owls!
Back to the top

Re: Sun Belt stadiums

Nice to not be the laughingstock of these lists anymore!  ;D

Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Nice to not be the laughingstock of these lists anymore!  ;D

+1
Back to the top

Are we the only team in the belt with Natural Grass, every team I saw on that page has turf.
Back to the top

Yup, only one with natural grass.

An advantage for home conference games for sure. But we really need to have one of the practice fields converted to some form of artificial to help us prepare for all of our conference away games and any others on the fake stuff. Without that we are at a disadvantage for those games.

Go Owls.

P.S. - I have to agree with some of the comments about the new North Texas stadium, while much better than old Fout's Field, it has some "pretty tacky" issues. Like that end zone seating section - plumb ugly to me, and that video scoreboard being almost right on the field in the opposite end zone.
Back to the top

The track and field area has artificial grass on it I remember them having a spring or fanfest game on it a few years back.
Back to the top

Sun Belt stadiums

GeorgiaOwl said

P.S. - I have to agree with some of the comments about the new North Texas stadium, while much better than old Fout's Field, it has some "pretty tacky" issues. Like that end zone seating section - plumb ugly to me, and that video scoreboard being almost right on the field in the opposite end zone.

Outside of the weird end zone it looks like a pretty darn nice stadium to me.  I like the way the premium seats under the tower are separate.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

WAY better than Fout's that is for sure and I gotta admit to being a bit biased!
Back to the top
Control functions: