Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Student Owl Club?

I read this on the CUSA board. Its something that ECU has done and has had a large amount of success.

I think something like this would do wonders for building the future of the program.
For football, ECU doesn't have any incentives to bring students to individual games in terms of free t-shirts and other stuff. The students are given rally towels, t-shirts, banners, seat cushions, etc at some games but don't even know about it until they get there.

ECU does have the Student Pirate Club, which students can join for $50:
-Full Season Ticket for ECU Football home games
(Scratch this as FAU students get in free)

-Full Crew Level membership ($100 value) and accumulation of priority points in the Pirate Club
This would be AWSOME as a way to get students to join the Owl Club upon graduation.

-Option to purchase guest season tickets for $150 and/or one football parking pass for $30

-Priority for home basketball, away football, and bowl game tickets
This could be cool having a dedicated section for members at home basketball games.

-Exclusive SPC cookouts, tailgates, and socials with coaches and players
-Student Pirate Club T-shirt
-One year's subscription to Pirates' Chest magazine
-Membership cards, bumper stickers, and auto decals
-ECU Athletic facility tours
-and more…
All of these are great ideas.

Last year, around 9,000 students paid to join the Student Pirate Club and it is believed to be one of the largest student organizations in the nation

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: FAU Student Owl Club?

I like it..

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Sounds like the prOWLers could maybe get some Owl Club points and call it a day. Why create a competing organization?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Back to the top

I think it's great that there are multiple student groups out there right now, it's a sign that we're really growing as a fan base.
Back to the top

FAU Student Owl Club?

TeamBeer said

I think it's great that there are multiple student groups out there right now, it's a sign that we're really growing as a fan base.

Agreed.  When I went to FAU (many years ago), everyone wore UF, FSU, and UM shirts around campus.  Now as I drive through campus, I notice almost no one does that and tons of students are wearing FAU stuff.  We have turned the corner.  18,000 kids are getting turned down to go there, that just amazes me.
Back to the top

Agreed!  There is no way that I would get into FAU I were to apply today. 
Back to the top

Minimum requirements are going up again this year as well.
Back to the top

It is great to see that the students are finally involved. Thats is the cornerstone of the program.

In regards to the orginial post, I would love to see these groups get allocated priority points for seating in the stadium. Perhps 5 a year for belonging to the Prowlers, OwlRangers, etc.

It would provide an incentive for those people to purchase seats and continue supporting the program after they graduate.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: