Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2011 Recruiting

Add topic

Ok, if I was recruiting this class I'd try and land some front court presence…2 forwards and a center.

I think with Tucker, Gantt Taylor Mavin Shavar and Pablo were looking good at guard. McCoy and White are it down low right?

Any word on people were talking to? Juco?
Back to the top

Re: 2011 Recruiting

Need some immediate impact big men or next year will be down somewhat compared to this year. I say hit the jucos for quick fix
Back to the top

I agree, with four slots, I would sign two Juco and one freshman big man and one freshman guard.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

…and one freshman guard.

This guy is getting our attention, but no offer yet:

"Josh Brown, a 6-foot-2 class of 2013 combo guard out of St. Anthony’s (NJ), is coming off a superb spring with Sports U/Team IZOD. However, he said he has no scholarship offers at this point.

As far as interest, Brown said he is hearing from St. Joseph’s, Temple, La Salle, Rutgers, Seton Hall, UMass, Connecticut, Iona, Florida Atlantic, and others. After listing Temple as his favorite in the spring, Brown said he no longer has any favorites.

'I like every school,' Brown said of his recruitment. 'It’s just wide open right now.'

Florida Atlantic, Rutgers, St. Joseph’s, and La Salle are the schools that Brown said are coming after him the hardest."

Source

Back to the top

We might have a transfer from Eckerd College. His name is Quincy, I met him two days ago. He still hasn't been admitted yet so I'm not sure if he'll play next year. He said he played football for USF but had to have neck surgery so he couldn't play football anymore. So then he transferred to Eckered to play basketball and now he wants to transfer here. He's a pretty big dude, his hands are MASSIVE and he's a really nice guy. He said he's a PF but they want him at the 3 guard…he'd be a BIG 3 guard, also said he's a good defender and that's what Jarvis liked about him.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

We might have a transfer from Eckerd College. His name is Quincy, I met him two days ago. He still hasn't been admitted yet so I'm not sure if he'll play next year. He said he played football for USF but had to have neck surgery so he couldn't play football anymore. So then he transferred to Eckered to play basketball and now he wants to transfer here. He's a pretty big dude, his hands are MASSIVE and he's a really nice guy. He said he's a PF but they want him at the 3 guard…he'd be a BIG 3 guard, also said he's a good defender and that's what Jarvis liked about him.

Was this the guy??

Photo ekerdtritans.com
Back to the top

2011 Recruiting

Ya
Back to the top

Believe he's needs a hardship waiver to play…which may happen as he has a desire to attend school so that he can take care of a family member.

BUT, we have another guy who is coming for sure…will be putting that info up shortly.

Back to the top

Ya, he said he's trying to get a hardship waiver so he doesn't have to sit out a  year. Hopefully he'll qualify, he said he's good at blocking shots which could certainly come in handy now that Royster is gone.
Back to the top

He's got quite the impressive Youtube highlight reel.......

Not sure about the first round though ;D

Back to the top
Control functions: