Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU to hire Rick Sanchez!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fiu/sfl-rick-sanchez-072711,0,6281263.story

Florida International University is expected to announce Wednesday afternoon that former CNN host Rick Sanchez will be announcing the telecast of this season's football games alongside Tony Calatayud, FIU spokesman Jean-Paul Renaud  said.

He said FIU's sports information office expects to formally announce Sanchez's new job in a press release to be issued soon.

Sanchez is a former anchor for WSVN Channel 7 inMiami and has also worked forMSNBC.

His son Ricky Jr. is a student at FIU. The elder Sanchez was fired from CNN in October following controversial comments that some perceived as anti-Jewish.
Back to the top

Re: FIU to hire Rick Sanchez!

Shocking, Shocking news!  ;D
Back to the top

Great to have anti-Jewish comments made in the Miami market, like going anti-gay in San Fran!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Great to have anti-Jewish comments made in the Miami market, like going anti-gay in San Fran!

Anyone remember he killed a man once too?

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

I think it's a perfect fit, Sanchez & FIU.  If you are from South Florida and older then 25 you would find this hilarious.

Isiah Thomas
Rick Sanchez

If Hugo Chavez survives cancer he can be the next AD.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I think it's a perfect fit, Sanchez & FIU.  If you are from South Florida and older then 25 you would find this hilarious.

Isiah Thomas
Rick Sanchez

If Hugo Chavez survives cancer he can be the next AD.

:D :D :D
Back to the top

Perhaps Fidel could retire from President of Cuba and become FIU's next president?  ;D

They do seem to enjoy taking on the publicity hires these days so that makes sense too.  ::)

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

FAUtuba said

GeorgiaOwl said

Anyone remember he killed a man once too?

I remember he ran over someone after a Dolphin game while intoxicated.

If you ever do bad things, you know you can always get a job at FIU!!
Back to the top

FIU to hire Rick Sanchez!

I'm surprised they didn't get Bill Kamal!    ;D
Back to the top

NCowl said

I'm surprised they didn't get Bill Kamal!    ;D

I think EVEN FIU draws the line at child molester but we'll see, he gets out in a few years.

Keep it classy kitties.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: